$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Funeral Costs are a Burden to the Family
She remembered that they were offered a senior life insurance policy that was very affordable. Her husband felt that they didn’t need life insurance because they had plenty of retirement savings. She didn’t argue with him. After all, Joe had always been a good provider, and because of his careful investments, they both felt sure their retirement years would meet their dreams and expectations. But Joe developed physical problems and his health kept deteriorating. The bills kept increasing and their savings dwindled.
Angie didn’t expect her Joey to die in the very ambulance that came to rescue him. But, as the ambulance continued on its way to the hospital, Angie realized that now, on top of everything that had happened, she still had to deal with making funeral arrangements. The next day, while numb with grief, Angie learned that she would need to spend thousands of dollars on a funeral. "No, I don’t have a burial insurance policy," she was forced to admit to the undertaker, the relatives, and even her children.
Everyone kept asking if she needed anything. They offered her meals, company, and sympathy, but all she needed now was the money to bury her husband of forty odd years.
At this terrible time in her life, she was forced to swallow her pride and to beg her children to pay for the funeral. Having life insurance helps family members avoid financial dependency. If your savings are depleted for any reason, such as a lingering illness, a senior life insurance policy will help to preserve the dignity of your loved ones.
You might also be interested in...
- Cheerleaders Fly High, And So Do Their Risks
- Dying is Expensive
- Funeral Costs are a Burden to the Family
- Jarring Concussion Dangers in High School and College Football
- Planning A Funeral Can Save Dollars
- Preparation for Death Protects your Family
- Preplanning Your Own Funeral
- Protecting Families With Burial or Funeral Insurance
- Should You Pre-plan Your Funeral
- Talking to Your Parents about Burial Life Insurance
- End Of Life Planning
- Pros And Cons Of Long-Term Care Insurance
- Have You Reviewed Your Life Insurance Plan Lately?
- 5 Things You Must Do Before Choosing A Funeral Home