$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
When you love going outside during the spring and planting beautiful flowers, but you suffer from allergies, it can definitely leave you feeling miserable. Watery eyes, boxes of tissues and a congested head are telltale signs of allergy sufferers.
Allergies cause temporary but uncomfortable inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the nasal passages. When allergens enter the body of an allergy sufferer, the immune system releases histamines and other compounds that cause inflammation. This results in swollen sinuses, headaches, wheezing and all the dreaded symptoms from allergy season called allergic rhinitis (commonly referred to as “ hay fever”).
As much as allergy sufferers wish they could avoid the great outdoors until allergy season subsides, it is not a realistic approach to coping with seasonal allergies. There are some techniques, however, that might help you get through allergy season so that you are able to enjoy the great outdoor spring weather.
One idea you might want to try is simply keeping your windows closed. This keeps pollen from entering your home which can cause you to suffer from allergies. Since plants release most of their pollen between 5 am and 10 am, keeping your windows closed and using an air conditioner with an HEPA filter is ideal. Filters are recommended because they capture at least 99 percent of pollen, animal dander, dust and other particles for all-around better air quality.
Another important tip to help you during allergy season is to clean your home often, getting rid of allergens like dust, mold and pollen. People with allergies should make household chores part of their allergy management plans. Be careful that your cleaning efforts don’t backfire, since many cleaning products can cause allergy-like symptoms for some. A great product you might try for cleaning is the microfiber cloth. Microfiber cloths and mops are made with microfibers that are positively charged. They will pick up dirt, lint, dust, hair and anything else that will cause you allergy problems. Be sure to remember to wipe down computer keyboards, door handles and counter tops as much as possible.
Alleviating your bedding of dust mites is another important factor in preventing allergies. It is important to wash all bedding at least once a week in hot water and if possible, drying your bedding in the dryer. It is also helpful to use allergy-free casing around mattresses and pillows.
Another factor you may not be aware of is the feathers in pillows are actually not recommended for anyone with allergies. Some people are allergic to birds and should avoid bird feathers in general, but the allergens that can get trapped in the feathers could also be causing problems. Dust mites are the most common type of allergen that can latch onto feathers. Animal dander, pollen and even mold spores can also be the culprit. Therefore, it is vital that you wash your pillow in hot water twice a month and actually replace your pillow every three years to keep the allergens at bay.
If getting rid of your feather pillows is out of the question, there are ways of taking care of your favorite pillows and keep your allergy symptoms at a minimum at the same time. The key to keeping your pillows allergy free from dust mites is to use plastic covers. It is recommended that you use covers for your pillows whether you use feather or any other type stuffing, but it is especially important to use on feather pillows. It is also important to ensure that the pillow case has a zipper on it, so the feathers are sealed in. Although your best solution is to avoid feather pillows entirely, sleeping on synthetic pillows is also not helpful if they are not taken care of properly.
If you are an allergy sufferer, you know that mowing the lawn can expose you to pollen and other allergens. When possible, try to have someone else cut the lawn, rake the leaves and weed the garden. It is also essential that you keep your grass cut low to help prevent the stems from dispersing pollen.
Although spending time outdoors is certainly something most of us greatly enjoy, it is important to remember if you suffer from allergies you should wash your clothes and shower immediately after going back indoors to get rid of pollen and other allergens that might have gotten on your clothes. Another significant key to remember is to try not to hang your clothes out in the sun to dry. Pollen may get all over them, so it’s best to use your dryer instead.
As spring time approaches, driving with your windows down may seem like a fun idea, but it can also wreak havoc for allergy sufferers. For this reason, it is best to keep your windows rolled up as much as possible.
Lastly, if you are an allergy sufferer that likes to exercise outdoors, it might be best to change the time or location of your exercise routine. Avoid exercising in the early morning between the hours of 5 am and 10 am when the pollen is usually emitted. You might also want to indoor exercise whenever possible or find an area that does not contain a lot of green vegetation.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- 7 Facts Women Should Know About Heart Disease
- When You Already Feel Like Giving Up On Your Resolutions
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance—Simple Application
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths
- 5 Plants To Keep In Your Bedroom
- Five Simple Ways To Protect Your Retirement
- The Best Ways To Cover Gray Hair
- 5 Hidden Causes Of High Blood Pressure
- 10 Steps To Get Through The Holidays Stress-Free
- 5 Ways To Break A Bad Habit
- The 5 Benefits Of A Veterans Home Loan
- Top 5 Prevention Tips For Heart Disease And Stroke
- 5 Surprising Facts About Low-Carb Diets
- 7 Ways To Live A Happier Life
- 6 Tips To Be More Productive
- 7 Steps To Help Someone Who Is Grieving
- 4 Reasons Why Your Diet Resolutions May Be Counterproductive
- Deciding On Braces After 40
- Why A Massage May Be Helpful For Back Pain
- How To Have Self-Compassion
- How To Stay Productive When You Don’t Feel Like it
- Foods To Eat When You’re Feeling Stressed
- How Helping Others Can Make You Happier
- Why You Don’t Have To Fear Fat When Dieting
- 6 Things You Should Do To Live Without Regret
- How To Create Your Own Happiness
- How To Get Immediate Stress Relief
- Why It May Be Time To Make Some Changes
- Why You May Want To Sleep On Your Left Side
- 4 Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- Dos And Don’ts Of Job Interviews
- How You Can Benefit From Showing A Little Love
- Can Debt Affect Your Health?
- What Women In Their 50s Know
- Hidden Reasons For Night Sweats
- 5 Simple Lung Cancer Prevention Tips
- Why You Should Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone Now
- 7 Tips To Keep Runners Safe
- How To Stop Emotional Eating Now
- Reach Your Potential In 4 Steps
- 5 Ultimate Weight Loss Hacks
- Can Social Media Help With Weight Loss
- How A Good Impression Can Change Everything
- Must-Know Travel Tips If You Want To Stay Safe
- Three New Ways To Make Big Changes
- The Hidden Benefits Of Ginger
- 5 Tricks To Slim Down Fast
- How To Finally Wake Up Better
- 5 Chemical-Free Ways To Keep Skin Young
- The Secret Benefits Of Salt
- Why Be An Organ Donor?
- How To Relieve Stomach Ulcers Fast
- Disaster Relief Do’s And Don’ts
- How To Say Goodbye To A Loved One
- 4 Tricks To Prevent A Cybercrime Attack
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Getting A Tattoo
- What To Do When Hearing Loss Strikes
- How Auto Ship Programs Keep Scamming People
- How To Decrease Stress And Increase Productivity
- Unique Relief For Chronic Neck Pain
- Ransomware–What It Is And How To Avoid Attack
- Five Reasons To Drink More Tea