$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Attitude Of Gratitude
The word gratitude is derived from the Latin word gratia, which means grace, graciousness or gratefulness. In some ways gratitude encompasses all of these meanings. Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible.
With gratitude, people acknowledge the good in their lives. In the process, people usually recognize that the source of that good lies at least partially outside themselves. As a result, gratitude also helps people connect to something larger than themselves as individuals, whether to other people, nature or a higher power for example.
People feel and express gratitude in multiple ways. They can express gratitude for the past like remembering positive memories and being thankful for their childhood. They can feel gratitude for the present by not taking good things for granted as they come. They can also express gratitude for the future by maintaining a hopeful and optimistic attitude for what lies ahead.
When life gets hectic and you feel overwhelmed, take a moment to focus on the people and things you are grateful for in life. When you decide to be grateful, problems may seem to fall by the wayside. For example, you probably won’t be able to feel envious towards someone and be grateful at the same time. In fact, being thankful for someone else’s success will give you a different perspective on the situation and will leave you feeling grateful. Free yourself to be joyful and grateful and allow happiness to come to you.
One of the most notable reasons for being grateful is the positive impact on the way you think and feel. Research shows that when people are grateful they have higher levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness and energy. In an article published in the Harvard Mental Health Letter it was stated, “Expressing thanks may be one of the simplest ways to feel better.” You will be less likely to feel stressed or depressed, but rather have a healthier and happier self instead.
It is reported that there are numerous physical benefits that come from consistently practicing the act of gratitude. Such as, a stronger immune system, reduced body aches and pains, lower blood pressure, the desire and energy to exercise more and to take care of your health, and the ability to get a better nights rest.
The social benefits of being grateful are significant as well. Being grateful is an emotion that can strengthen your relationships because it requires you to realize how others have supported you. In return, you will want to show them appreciation and let them know how much they have brightened your day.
Having an attitude of gratitude will likely give you a feeling of compassion and less worry about your own problems. This will allow you to be more willing to help someone else in need. Being grateful for where you are in life can make you more personable and bring opportunities that may not otherwise be available if every day is met with a negative attitude.
The emotion of being grateful will definitely make you want to be more helpful, generous, compassionate and forgiving. Studies have shown that the act of being grateful can even make you feel more outgoing and less lonely and isolated.
It’s true that feeling grateful on a daily basis may be difficult at times. But the fact is, once you decide to have an attitude of gratitude, you can feel happier and your attitude will also make those around you feel happier too. Regardless of any challenges that you may face, opening the door to be more grateful can also help you feel more positive and enthusiastic about overcoming any trials that you may be facing.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- 7 Facts Women Should Know About Heart Disease
- When You Already Feel Like Giving Up On Your Resolutions
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance: Only a Few Y/N Health Questions
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths
- 5 Plants To Keep In Your Bedroom
- Five Simple Ways To Protect Your Retirement
- The Best Ways To Cover Gray Hair
- 5 Hidden Causes Of High Blood Pressure
- 10 Steps To Get Through The Holidays Stress-Free
- 5 Ways To Break A Bad Habit
- The 5 Benefits Of A Veterans Home Loan
- Top 5 Prevention Tips For Heart Disease And Stroke
- 5 Surprising Facts About Low-Carb Diets
- 7 Ways To Live A Happier Life
- 6 Tips To Be More Productive
- 7 Steps To Help Someone Who Is Grieving
- 4 Reasons Why Your Diet Resolutions May Be Counterproductive
- Deciding On Braces After 40
- Why A Massage May Be Helpful For Back Pain
- How To Have Self-Compassion
- How To Stay Productive When You Don’t Feel Like it
- Foods To Eat When You’re Feeling Stressed
- How Helping Others Can Make You Happier
- Why You Don’t Have To Fear Fat When Dieting
- 6 Things You Should Do To Live Without Regret
- How To Create Your Own Happiness
- How To Get Immediate Stress Relief
- Why It May Be Time To Make Some Changes
- Why You May Want To Sleep On Your Left Side
- 4 Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- Dos And Don’ts Of Job Interviews
- How You Can Benefit From Showing A Little Love
- Can Debt Affect Your Health?
- What Women In Their 50s Know
- Hidden Reasons For Night Sweats
- 5 Simple Lung Cancer Prevention Tips
- Why You Should Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone Now