$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
Although many don’t realize the nutritious benefits of almond milk, it actually contains more nutrients than ordinary milk, and is a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant or have allergies to soy milk.
There are a great many benefits to consuming almond milk. If you are trying to watch your caloric intake, almond milk with no sugar added, only contains about 60 calories per every 8 oz serving, in comparison to 146 calories in whole milk, 122 calories in two percent, 102 calories in one percent and 86 calories in skim milk.
Drinking almond milk can also aid in digestion because it contains almost one gram of fiber per serving. Almost 25% of the US population is lactose intolerant, which means they have difficulty digesting the sugar in cow’s milk. Since almond milk is lactose-free, it makes a great dairy substitute.
Almond milk can also be beneficial in preventing high blood pressure and heart disease because it contains no cholesterol or saturated fat. Almond milk is also known to be high in healthy fats, such as omega fatty acids, commonly found in fish, but is low in sodium.
While almond milk may not provide as much calcium as ordinary dairy milk, it does still aid in reducing your risk for arthritis and osteoporosis, as well as improving your immune system. It contains 30 percent of the recommended daily amount of needed calcium and 25 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin D. Together these two nutrients support strong bones and teeth, as well as ward off colds and viruses.
Almond milk is also rich in antioxidants for your skin, and protects skin against sun damage. It contains fifty percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which is essential in keeping your skin glowing and looking healthy, as well promoting a youthful appearance.
As almond milk is low in carbs, studies have also shown that almond milk can potentially lower your risk for diabetes by decreasing your blood sugar levels, when no additives have been included. In addition, due to its low glycemic content, your body is able to change carbs into energy, rather than sugar and storing it as fat.
In addition, almond milk contains one gram of protein per serving, as well as vitamin B, iron and riboflavin, all which are essential in maintaining muscle health and healing.
Not only does almond milk taste great, it also does not require refrigeration and is great at room temperature and, therefore, preserves well without containing any additives. It’s great to travel with or take on camping trips. It can, however, go bad, so it is good to watch the expiration date.
Almond milk is also very economical, because you can easily make it by grinding the almonds with water in a blender. If you don’t care for the pulp, simply use a strainer to separate it from the liquid to make your almond milk creamy and smooth. Another reason it is economical is that it can be made as needed and doesn’t have to be stored. You don’t have the risk of it going bad if not consumed right away.
Another great benefit to drinking almond milk is there is no risk of antibiotics or growth hormones that have been found in cow’s milk. However, it does not make a good substitute for breast milk. Although almond milk does have many health benefits, it does not contain adequate nourishment needed for infant growth.
Almond milk is also not advisable for people with tree nut allergies, as it can cause severe side effects. People with thyroid problems or chronic migraines should also avoid almonds, as almonds contain the amino acid tyrosine. Although this amino acid can be vital in the overall health for most, those who suffer from thyroid problems or migraines can actually experience worsening conditions.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance: Only a Few Y/N Health Questions
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths