$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Globe Life Donates Lake Tenkiller Property to NewView Oklahoma
Globe Life is proud to announce one of the largest donations in Company history with the donation of the Company’s Lake Tenkiller property to NewView Oklahoma. The corporate meeting facility, complete with a caretaker’s cottage and guest house sits on a 3-acre waterfront property valued at $1.8 million.
NewView Oklahoma is a private, not-for-profit organization founded in 1949 with a mission to empower people who are blind and visually impaired to achieve their maximum level of independence through employment, low vision rehabilitation, and community outreach. NewView believes that every child deserves to have a summer camp experience, and that’s why OWL Camp, or Oklahomans Without Limits, was created in 2000 for children who are blind or visually impaired. The Lake Tenkiller property will host future OWL Camps.
“We became aware of NewView’s mission to serve sight-impaired children through various summer camps at lakes throughout Oklahoma, and the donation of the Globe Life property at Lake Tenkiller seemed like a perfect fit,” said Globe Life Direct Response President and CEO Bill Leavell. “Globe Life has used the lodge as a meeting and teambuilding facility for over 50 years. As the Company has grown, we’ve outgrown the space, so we are thrilled to be able to pass it on to support NewView Oklahoma. We believe the property will be a terrific venue for NewView’s programs. We can think of no better organization to use the facility to support Oklahoma children.”
OWL Camp activities are carefully planned and designed to encourage collaboration, improve confidence, self-esteem and independence and challenge societal and self-imposed limits. Along with sighted buddies, campers will surely enjoy the property’s many amenities including a tennis court, putting green, and two boats for activities such as water skiing and water tubing.
“We are incredibly humbled by Globe Life’s generous gift,” says NewView President and CEO Lauren Branch. “This facility allows us to further enhance the unique experience OWL Camp offers to our clients and volunteers. We look forward to using this facility for many years to come and know the impact will be great.”
OWL Camp is structured specifically to engage sighted children and those with vision loss. Each blind or visually impaired camper is partnered with a sighted buddy for the entire week, and they do everything together. The goal is to provide lasting effects by allowing the sighted buddies to understand that people with vision loss can do anything they can do, with very little adaption.
To learn more about NewView OWL Camp and other programs and clinical services operated by the organization, visit www.newviewoklahoma.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
- FC Dallas Special Olympics Texas
- Globe Life Sponsors 2019 Make-A-Wish North Texas Swing Fore Wishes Topgolf Challenge
- Florence Fuller Child Development Center
- Globe Life Partners With Meals On Wheels Collin County In 14th Annual Golf Tournament
- Globe Life Donates $2,500 to Special Olympics Texas at Conference USA Basketball Championship
- Globe Life Donates Lake Tenkiller Property to NewView Oklahoma
- 2018 Charitable Giving
- Globe Life Step Up Scholarship
- Globe Life 2018 Conference USA Sponsorship Announcement
- Globe Life Donates $20K to Meals on Wheels Collin County
- Globe Life helps raise more than $30K for Special Olympics at Trivia Nite
- Pack of Hope
- 2017 Grants Awarded To Nonprofit Organizations From Globe Life And The Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation
- Globe Life Extends Naming Rights Partnership to Texas Rangers New Ballpark
- Globe Life Joins The Fight Against Kidney Cancer
- The Spirit Of FC Dallas Special Olympics And Globe Life
- Operation Warrior Wishes
- Globe Life And Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation Award Grants To 10 Non-Profit Organizations In Support Of Youth Baseball And Softball
- The 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Globe Life Sponsors Special Olympics FC Dallas
- Globe Life Asks Purple Heart Recipient To Throw Ceremonial First Pitch At Rangers Game
- Trivia Night For Special Olympics
- Globe Life And Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation Present Grants To China Spring Youth Athletic Association And YMCA Of Central Texas
- Globe Life and Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation Present $10,000 Grant to RBI Austin
- United Way Golf Tournament
- Dealing For Dreams For The Make A Wish Foundation
- Special Olympics Trivia Night
- The Ballpark in Arlington, TX Is Now Called Globe Life Park In Arlington