$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Globe Life And Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation Award Grants To 10 Non-Profit Organizations In The Support Of Youth Baseball And Softball
Sept. 23, 2015 from Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
ARLINGTON, Texas, Sept. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Globe Life and the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation announced on Thursday, September 17th, it has awarded grants to 10 non-profit organizations in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana to support youth baseball and softball programs.
The grant recipients were honored during a pre-game ceremony prior to Thursday’s game with the Houston Astros at Globe Life Park in Arlington. Globe Life’s President, Bill Leavell, said, “It’s an honor for Globe Life to invest in the community by helping youth baseball and softball programs. Youth sports programs such as these help children develop essential skills such as a strong work ethic, drive, and ambition which will all make them better adults. Additionally, it’s important for children to experience being part of a team so they learn how to work well with others toward common goals.”
In February 2014, the Texas Rangers and Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company announced a 10-year agreement establishing Globe Life Park in Arlington as the new name for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. As part of the agreement with the Rangers, Globe Life is making a substantial commitment to support youth baseball and softball programs in the Rangers’ five-state territory by joining with the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation in the grant partnership program. In 2014, 11 non-profit organizations received grants.
- Beekman Alumni and Friends, Inc., Bastrop, LA Funds will be used for adding lights to softball fields.
- Chamber Baseball, Inc., Dallas, TX Funds will be used to improve baseball fields at Jamestown and Churchill Park.
- DeLeon Sports Association, DeLeon, TX Funds will be used to replace damaged scoreboards.
- Fossil Creek Little League, Keller, TX Funds will be used for development of Northwest Community Park athletic complex.
- May (TX) Independent School District Funds will be used to improve existing dugouts and add a softball field scoreboard.
- Miracle League of East Texas, Longview, TX Funds will be used for the construction of a Miracle League Field.
- Miracle League of Garland County, Hot Springs, AR Funds will be used to install a scoreboard.
- Polytechnic High School Baseball, Fort Worth, TX Funds will be used to purchase new batting cage nets and screens.
- Red Oak (TX) Baseball and Softball Association Funds will be used for catching equipment and bases for six fields.
- San Antonio 5Diamonds Little League, San Antonio, TX Funds will be used to build a roof over four batting cages and to add electricity for lights.
About Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation: The Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of children in need within our community and provides funding for youth in crisis, youth health initiatives, youth baseball programs, and youth education. Celebrating its 24th year, the Foundation has given back more than $13 million to help children in need.
About Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company: Globe Life has been one of the top two largest issuers of ordinary individual life insurance policies in the U.S. since 2003 (as reported by credit rating agency AM Best based on number of policies). Globe Life was founded in 1951 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), headquartered in McKinney, Texas. Torchmark’s other insurance subsidiaries include American Income Life, Liberty National Life, United American, and Family Heritage Life. Visit globelifeinsurance.com for more information.
SOURCE Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
For further information: Mike Majors, 972-569-3239