$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
Although going to the dentist is no one’s favorite visit, it is necessary to prevent tooth decay. Dental disease is one of the leading causes millions of hours of missed school for kids and missed work for adults each year. Maintaining a healthy mouth is essential to overall health.
The following are a few tips to help prevent dental issues and keep a healthy smile.
- Brush up on oral hygiene. Practicing good oral hygiene as recommended by the dentist is the first step to prevent cavities and have good oral health. Most dentists advise brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and floss daily. Routine brushing can prevent plaque buildup. Plaque is a sticky film that contains bacteria, which can cause teeth to erode over time.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a well-balanced diet rich with fruits and vegetables can reduce the risk of getting cavities. Processed foods containing corn syrup and sugar can lead to tooth decay and cavities. Many fruit juices and sodas are also full of sugar and increase the risk of tooth decay. By switching to healthier snacks and drinking plenty of water, the risk of cavities decreases.
- Prevent acid causing tooth decay. Many people who suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or eating disorders may have an increased risk of tooth decay. People who suffer from stomach or eating issues should ask their physician for medical advice in preventing tooth decay.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. Smoking and alcohol consumption can increase the risk of tooth decay. Ask a dentist or physician about improving oral health by providing resources to quit smoking or reduce alcohol intake.
- Get regular checkups and cleanings. Getting routine dental checkups and cleanings are vital to oral health. They can prevent cavities, bacteria growth and gum disease, known as gingivitis. Dental exams can provide a thorough exam and a dental care plan. By following the dentist’s advice, it’s easier to keep cavities in check and maintain a healthy smile.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?