$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
Seniors are more susceptible to painful illnesses, overall health decline, depression, anxiety and other mental disorders. With age, it becomes even more important to exercise and eat a healthy diet to prevent the risk of debilitating diseases.
One unique way to combat illness and disease is to incorporate yoga. Yoga can be a lifesaver for seniors. Here’s why ...
Yoga can improve balance and strength.
With advanced age, balance and strength tends to decrease. Yoga can increase mobility and stability. It’s especially helpful with joint pain, imbalance, osteoarthritis and other physical limitations. Increasing strength, balance and stability can help prevent falls that are common for seniors.
Yoga can improve flexibility and joint health.
Yoga is a gentle exercise that can increase flexibility and joint health for those that suffer from stiff and painful joints. Yoga is also known to provide therapeutic benefits for those struggling with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. It can also increase muscle tone and prevent future injuries.
Yoga can improve respiratory function.
Seniors who suffer from asthma or respiratory problems often find it difficult to exercise or participate in physical activity. Seniors with breathing issues may find yoga useful because it can help improve lung function. Respiratory complications after surgery account for 40% of deaths in seniors over age 65. Advanced age causes a decline in respiratory function. Combatting that decline with yoga-inspired breathing exercises can be very beneficial.
Yoga can improve blood pressure.
High blood pressure can greatly increase the risk of damage to blood vessels and it can cause serious health problems like heart attacks, stroke, kidney disease and cardiovascular disease. The good news is that yoga can reduce the effects of stress, the leading cause of high blood pressure.
Yoga can reduce anxiety.
Adding yoga as a daily exercise can help improve anxiety by relaxing the mind and body. Yoga can calm and relieve the mind and body from daily stress, as well as sooth emotions and feelings through focused breathing and stretching. A yoga instructor can help teach how to release tension. Many preventable illnesses can be caused from tension and anxiety.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors