$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How To Choose A Multivitamin?
You may have been told that if you eat right you don’t need a multivitamin. This may have been true many years ago, but in today’s fast-paced world of processed foods, caffeine and sugar, it may be necessary to supplement with a multivitamin in order to get the proper nutrition that the body needs to stay healthy.
However, choosing the right multivitamin can be confusing and overwhelming as stores are packed with the numerous kinds of vitamins and minerals. How do you know which one to choose? The best way is to read labels, research the meaning of the terms used and check with your health care provider before you start on any new supplement program.
Be careful of companies that claim that their brand contains high potency, super, complete or all natural products, because it may not be true. A basic brand can often contain the same nutrients as a multi-potency brand.
It is also important to determine whether or not the ingredients in a multivitamin come from whole foods or made from products produced synthetically. One way to tell if a multivitamin is made from whole foods is to look at the description of the ingredients. For example, the description of vitamin C will often be listed as vitamin C complex from acerola cherries or citrus fruits, which contain high levels of vitamin C. If vitamin C is listed as ascorbic acid, it means that it’s synthetically made.
Multivitamins are definitely healthier for you if they come from whole foods. They are more easily absorbed through the body and work together to improve the immune system and overall health than when developed synthetically.
Even if a multivitamin shows bright, colorful pictures of fruits and vegetables, it does not necessarily mean it is made from whole foods. The label on vitamins should say made from organic, whole foods. If a multivitamin is made from raw or unprocessed foods, it is an even better buy.
Another trick in knowing whether or not a multivitamin is made synthetically or with whole foods is the by the size of the list. Often synthetic vitamins contain labels with a short list. Multivitamins that are made from whole foods usually contain a long list of ingredients and will be listed on the label. Whole food-based vitamins are also more expensive to produce, so the manufacturer is likely to point out that the vitamins are made from whole foods or derived from whole foods, to make sure you know their product is well worth the extra money you are spending.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance: Only a Few Y/N Health Questions
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths