$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
Trying to describe all of the symptoms a woman may experience during menopause is difficult. Many women have different symptoms and suffer from them at different levels. For example, some women may suffer from insomnia, while others may experience joint pain as their major symptom.
Medical doctors have difficulty explaining why some women suffer from joint pain related to a decrease in hormone levels and why some women may even experience a psychological impact due to this aging process. Other women may hardly be bothered at all.
Hot flashes, another symptom, are also experienced at different levels. Some women may experience short periods of mild hot flashes, while others will actually suffer from night sweats and break out in perspiration during the day.
Menopause may actually feel like an illness to some women as they suffer through the natural process of aging, but it is actually just symptomatic of estrogen levels declining.
Whatever the level of severity of menopause symptoms may be, it is becoming increasingly popular for women today to treat symptoms naturally, thus avoiding any negative side effects that can stem from using prescription hormonal medications.
If you would like to consider some natural remedies for the treatment of hot flashes and menopause symptoms, there are some lifestyle changes that may ease your symptoms.
As hard as it may seem, you may want to begin with cutting back on your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant and may actually worsen the symptoms of hot flashes. If you love having your favorite cup of coffee every morning, try to limit yourself to about one-and-a-half cups per day. If you normally drink more than that, you can begin cutting back gradually and replacing your cup of coffee with water or decaf coffee.
Due to the stimulating effects of nicotine, women who smoke may actually experience more intensified effects of menopause symptoms including hot flashes. If the worsening symptoms of menopause drive you to stop smoking, you can contact 1-800-QUIT-NOW for help from local resources in your area.
It is also important to exercise while going through menopause. Studies have shown that engaging in regular physical activity is not only healthy for you, but may actually lessen the severity of hot flashes. Engaging in activities such as yoga, aerobics and muscle-strengthening exercises will do wonders for improving your overall health and stamina.
Many women are also choosing herbal remedies to ease their menopause symptoms. One of the most common herbal remedies is black cohosh. Research has shown that black cohosh may relieve symptoms of menopause. However, it is best to consult your physician before beginning any herbal treatment.
Another way to help ease menopause symptoms is to take a look at your daily diet and see if there are needed changes. Make sure you are eating a variety of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which will help maintain a healthy weight and lessen the severity of hot flashes. Scientific studies have shown that consuming foods rich in soy may also decrease symptoms of hot flashes. Soy contains isoflavones, which can have effects similar to estrogen supplements. You may find soy in products such as milk, tofu and edamame. It is also possible that decreasing your intake of alcohol and spicy foods can lessen the symptoms of hot flashes.
Wearing clothes that are loose and made of cotton may also help when you are experiencing hot flashes or night sweats. You may also want to dress in layers, so that you are able tolerate effects of the hot flashes.
Adjusting the thermostat in your house to a lower temperature will also help you feel more comfortable when combating hot flashes. Other ideas that may help give you quick relief during a hot flashes are fans in your office, ceiling fans in your house, cool showers when possible and avoiding warm places or being outside for long periods during the summer months.
For women who suffer from joint discomfort during menopause, using hyaluronic acid may be a natural treatment to try. Hyaluronic acid acts as a lubricant in the joints and other tissues and is used as a treatment for various joint disorders such as osteoarthritis. Hyaluronic can be taken in pill form or by injections. As with any other new health regimen, get the go ahead from your health care professional before starting anything new.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- 7 Facts Women Should Know About Heart Disease
- When You Already Feel Like Giving Up On Your Resolutions
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance: Only a Few Y/N Health Questions
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths
- 5 Plants To Keep In Your Bedroom
- Five Simple Ways To Protect Your Retirement
- The Best Ways To Cover Gray Hair
- 5 Hidden Causes Of High Blood Pressure
- 10 Steps To Get Through The Holidays Stress-Free