$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Five Money Saving DIY Projects for Moms
Are you looking for inexpensive, easy D.I.Y projects you can tackle on your own? Even if you don’t see yourself as a handy or crafty person, there’s no need to worry. You don’t have to be an expert to have success with these simple D.I.Y projects to spruce up your living space and save you a bit of money in the meantime.
Make Green Cleaning Products
Buying cleaning products from the store can get expensive. Not only that, but many of them have ingredients that are harmful to humans and animals. Why not save yourself some money by making safe, home-made cleaning products? This D.I.Y home project is simple to do with major pay-offs. Look up recipes online for all kinds of safe, green home-made cleaning products for all types of cleaning tasks. You can also reuse the same bottles each time a home-made product runs out.
D.I.Y Fabric Art
Update with New Hardware
Do you have an old dresser or cabinet that has lost its style? Or, could your entire kitchen use an updated (perhaps more modern) look? New hardware can give a much needed facelift to furniture or cabinets that have started to look drab. Switching out hardware can be very inexpensive and creates a brand new look in just a few minutes. Visit your local home improvement store and look for knobs the same size as the ones you have now. That way, you won’t have to drill any new holes.
Plant an Herb Garden
Fresh herbs bring a tasteful flair to every meal, but constantly buying them can get pricey. Instead, why not plant an herb garden and grow your own? Pick some of your favorite herbs, preferably the ones you use most in your cooking. Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary and Chives are some of the most commonly grown.
If you have an outside space to use, you can plant more. Most herbs need sun, but do best with about 6-8 hours of direct sunlight and some shade. If you don’t have an outside space, herbs will grow well in pots too. Set them along a sunny windowpane or counter top and water regularly.
Use Paint to Revamp Old Furniture
Instead of throwing out that old computer desk, dining chair, or dresser, why not give it new life with a creative new paint job? Breathing new life into old furniture through snazzy paint jobs is one of the hottest new house improvement trends. Paint an old dresser blue and use stencils to create a floral design. Revamp an old wooden chair with a bright and bold striped paint job. Don’t be afraid to experiment with fun colors and designs to create a piece that is unique, beautiful, and functional too.
As you can see, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to upgrade your living space. These D.I.Y house projects just take a little bit of time and creativity and yield major results!
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Tips For Choosing Childcare
- Babysitting your new grandchild requires learning
- Building Your Kids Self Esteem
- Dangers Within Your Home
- Fire Prevention Measures Every Parent Should Be Taking
- Five Money Saving DIY Projects for Moms
- Five Tips to Help Your Child Develop Good Study Habits
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Helping Your Kids Make Healthier Food Choices
- How Homeschooling Can Be A Great Choice For Your Family
- How Important is Reading with your Grandchildren?
- How Life Insurance Can Benefit Your Children And Grandchildren
- How to Choose a Safe Daycare for Your Child
- How to Handle Public Temper Tantrums
- How to Leave Tangible Memories for Your Children and Grandchildren
- How to Lose Weight after Having a Baby
- Quick and Easy Breakfasts for Kids on School Mornings
- Time Saving Tips for Stay At Home Moms
- Tips to Help Your Child Perform Better At School
- Top Ten Child Safety Issues
- What Kind Of Leader Will Your Child Become?
- Top 10 Fun Games To Play With Grandparents
- Is The Fear Of Missing Out Causing Your Teen To Lose Sleep
- 5 Creative Activities For Parents & Kids
- Is Your Child Safe Going To School
- 4 Kid-Friendly Ways To Stay Active
- Avoiding the Summer “Brain Drain”
- 8 Digital Skills Every Child Should Know
- Fun Fall Activities To Do With Kids
- Top 6 School Year Illnesses
- How To Save On Your Monthly Cable Bill
- Buying Life Insurance for Children
- What Are the Odds of Dying Young?
- Pros and Cons of Purchasing Life Insurance for Your Grandchildren
- Can Both Parents Have Life Insurance on a Child?
- Car Seat Danger: 5 Ways to Keep Young Children Safe in the Car