$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Top 10 Fun Games To Play With Grandparents
Top 10 Fun Games To Play With Grandparents
Did you know that card games and board games can actually be good for seniors’ health? It’s true. Playing games keeps the mind active in a time where things like dementia and Alzheimer’s are more prevalent. They can also provide excellent social interaction.
At the next grandparent visit, make a day or night out of playing games. Here are some common favorites...
- Pinochle – This is a popular card game that is typically played with two to four players. It is a lively game that is played with trick-taking techniques and can be filled with lots of fun and laughter. It also helps keep the mind active by using skills such as strategy, teamwork and card counting.
- Bridge – This game is also a strategy game that requires communication and memory skills. Millions of people love this game and have formed groups and clubs to play with family and friends.
- Canasta – Canasta became a popular card game in the 1950s. It’s a great game to include partners and can be played from two to six players. Kids twelve and up can make a great game of canasta using tactics and strategy.
- Gin Rummy – Gin Rummy is a two-player game that was created in the early 1900s. It’s fun for all ages once they get the hang of it. It’s a great way to pass the time while stimulating the mind.
- Solitaire – Solitaire is a game for one and seniors can enjoy it at any time. It became popular in the late 19th century in the United States and continues to be a favorite among all ages. Some people believe a game of solitaire can help destress after a long day while developing skills at the same time.
- Backgammon – One of the oldest board games known is Backgammon. It dates back approximately 5,000 years. It’s an exciting game of strategy, counting and tactics for two players of all ages. It’s even a great game for children to learn math while seniors are sharpening memory skills.
- Scrabble – Scrabble is often the crowd favorite. It’s word game that helps with vocabulary, spelling, strategy and counting, which is good for those both young and old. Scrabble has been around for almost 80 years and has become so popular that roughly one-third of Americans own a game of scrabble. Today the game is sold in 121 countries and is available in 29 languages.
- Bingo – This is a favorite among all ages where people try to match numbers drawn at random with the numbers on their card. Bingo was invented in Italy in the 1500s and has now become a popular game played world-wide among large and small groups. Bingo is an exciting game that creates a lot of socialization and interaction.
- Monopoly – This game originated in the United States in 1903 and has since become a family favorite. Monopoly teaches negotiation, management of money, strategy and counting skills. Monopoly can create wonderful bonding time with family.
Jigsaw puzzles are another version of a game that can be great for families to enjoy with grandparents. There are millions of puzzles of varying skill levels. Grandparents are sure to enjoy putting it together with the people they love.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Tips For Choosing Childcare
- Babysitting your new grandchild requires learning
- Building Your Kids Self Esteem
- Dangers Within Your Home
- Fire Prevention Measures Every Parent Should Be Taking
- Five Money Saving DIY Projects for Moms
- Five Tips to Help Your Child Develop Good Study Habits
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Helping Your Kids Make Healthier Food Choices
- How Homeschooling Can Be A Great Choice For Your Family
- How Important is Reading with your Grandchildren?
- How Life Insurance Can Benefit Your Children And Grandchildren
- How to Choose a Safe Daycare for Your Child
- How to Handle Public Temper Tantrums
- How to Leave Tangible Memories for Your Children and Grandchildren
- How to Lose Weight after Having a Baby
- Quick and Easy Breakfasts for Kids on School Mornings
- Time Saving Tips for Stay At Home Moms
- Tips to Help Your Child Perform Better At School
- Top Ten Child Safety Issues
- What Kind Of Leader Will Your Child Become?
- Top 10 Fun Games To Play With Grandparents
- Is The Fear Of Missing Out Causing Your Teen To Lose Sleep
- 5 Creative Activities For Parents & Kids
- Is Your Child Safe Going To School
- 4 Kid-Friendly Ways To Stay Active
- Avoiding the Summer “Brain Drain”
- 8 Digital Skills Every Child Should Know
- Fun Fall Activities To Do With Kids
- Top 6 School Year Illnesses
- How To Save On Your Monthly Cable Bill
- Buying Life Insurance for Children
- What Are the Odds of Dying Young?
- Pros and Cons of Purchasing Life Insurance for Your Grandchildren
- Can Both Parents Have Life Insurance on a Child?
- Car Seat Danger: 5 Ways to Keep Young Children Safe in the Car