$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Sneaky Ways To Trick Picky Eaters
Sneaky Ways To Trick Picky Eaters
Parents are always striving to teach kids how to make healthier choices when eating, but getting kids to actually do it can sometimes be a real challenge. Even if they have a healthy meal in front of them, kids may not eat it. Cooked or raw vegetables and even lean meats are often turned down by picky kids.
So what’s the best way to get kids to eat the healthy things they don’t want? Get creative and downright sneaky ...
- Make it a treat. Instead of placing veggies on a plate at mealtime, try offering them as a snack. Kids love snacks. Instead of opting for something sugary, choose something like carrot sticks and crackers. They’re more likely to eat the carrots simply because they’re a snack along with the crackers. If sugary snacks aren’t available as a choice, it may not even cross their mind.
- Dip it. Kids love to dip food. Make a dip for fruits and veggies. Kids often think dip is a special extra. They tend to eat more fruits and vegetables when they have something to dip them in. From dips as simple as ranch dressing for veggies or a yogurt dip for fruit, kids will eat the healthy stuff a lot easier.
- It’s in the sauce. Most kids love pasta, so take advantage. Add healthy vegetables to the sauce and turn simple spaghetti into a healthier meal. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic, carrots and even baby spinach. Kids will never know it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals from natural foods. Homemade chicken noodle soup can also be a great dish for sneaking in vegetables.
- Cheese please. Cheese can please even the pickiest of eaters. Add a cheese sauce to vegetables or bake them with a cheesy layer on top. Choose a low-fat cheese to make it even healthier.
- Sneak it in a smoothie. Most kids love fruit smoothies, so why not add vegetables too? Add kale, spinach or carrots to a fruit smoothie. Once they’re mixed in with the fruit, kids will never even notice. Up your game even further with powerful ingredients like honey, coconut water, flax seeds or avocado.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Things That Happen If You Drink Soda Everyday
- 8 Survival Skills Every Child Should Know
- Children's Whole Life Insurance: Financial Benefits
- Coparenting With An Ex
- Dealing With A Teenage Daughter
- Do Stay At Home Moms Need Life Insurance
- Four Effortless Ways to Be a Better Parent
- Give Your Child a Financial Head Start
- Top 5 Ways To Help Your Child Adjust To A New School
- How to Have a Successful Parent/Teacher Conference
- Keep Your Children Safe and Happy at Home
- Should You Get Life Insurance for Your Children
- Should You Monitor Your Kids’ Online Activity?
- Surprising Things New Parents Should Know
- Teaching an Older Sibling to Help Care for a Younger One
- Teaching Your Child Responsibility
- The Importance of Whole Life Insurance
- 9 Life Hacks For Busy Moms
- Why Adults Need A Timeout Too
- New Tools To Keep Teen Drivers Safe
- Sneaky Ways To Trick Picky Eaters
- Dad Wisdom You Can’t Live Without
- What Parents Should Know About Snapchat
- Top 12 Most Nutritious Food List
- How Bullying Damages A Child’s Health
- 7 Tips for Balancing Life as a Working Single Parent
- 9 Tips on Digital Devices for Parents and Kids
- How To Choose The Right Daycare
- Halloween Safety Every Parent Should Know
- The Pros and Cons of Juvenile Life Insurance
- Options for Getting Life Insurance for a Minor with a Pre-existing Condition
- Pregnancy and Life Insurance: What you need to know about getting coverage
- Life Insurance on Children: What You Need to Know