$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Top 12 Most Nutritious Food List
Top 12 Most Nutritious Food List
Add these twelve superfoods to get on the right track to a healthier mind and body ...
Garlic – Garlic may be considered more of a seasoning that is added to foods for taste, but it actually has many health benefits. Garlic is loaded with vitamins C, B1 and B6, as well as calcium, potassium, copper, manganese and selenium. Garlic is also believed to be beneficial in preventing colds and flus.
Salmon – Fresh salmon is rich in nutrients, compared to farmed salmon. It is known to be higher in magnesium, potassium, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids, which can improve brain health and prevent disease. Salmon is low in fat and calories, but high in protein.
Broccoli – Broccoli can contain more than 100 percent of the daily vitamin K requirement as well as double the dose of vitamin C. These are both essential nutrients.
Potatoes – A sweet potato can have eight times the amount of cancer-fighting and immune-boosting vitamin A needed daily. A red potato contains as much folate as one cup of spinach or broccoli.
Kale – Kale is a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and natural fiber. Kale works well when added to salads, stews or nutritious power juices. Kale can provide an abundance of energy and it’s low in calories.
Dark chocolate – Because cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids, just a fraction of an ounce of dark chocolate daily can reduce blood pressure. The antioxidants it contains can also reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
Avocados – Full of healthy fats that can lower cholesterol, avocados are a worthy superfood. They are full of fiber and folate that’s needed daily to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Blueberries – Blueberries can provide a boost of antioxidants and phytochemicals, which have been shown to improve memory and prevent various diseases. Blueberries are beneficial in reducing inflammation and are high in fiber, vitamin C, folate and iron.
Walnuts – Walnuts contain more omega-3 fatty acids than any other nut. They can improve mood too.
Beans – Eating beans or any other kind of legume at least four times a week can lower the risk of heart disease and breast cancer.
Spinach – Spinach is an effective cancer-fighting vegetable that also contains immune-boosting antioxidants for eye health.
Lemons – Lemons can be good for digestion and act as an anti-inflammatory. One lemon has more than 100 percent of the daily dose of vitamin C, which can increase good cholesterol.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Things That Happen If You Drink Soda Everyday
- 8 Survival Skills Every Child Should Know
- Children's Whole Life Insurance: Financial Benefits
- Coparenting With An Ex
- Dealing With A Teenage Daughter
- Do Stay At Home Moms Need Life Insurance
- Four Effortless Ways to Be a Better Parent
- Give Your Child a Financial Head Start
- Top 5 Ways To Help Your Child Adjust To A New School
- How to Have a Successful Parent/Teacher Conference
- Keep Your Children Safe and Happy at Home
- Should You Get Life Insurance for Your Children
- Should You Monitor Your Kids’ Online Activity?
- Surprising Things New Parents Should Know
- Teaching an Older Sibling to Help Care for a Younger One
- Teaching Your Child Responsibility
- The Importance of Whole Life Insurance
- 9 Life Hacks For Busy Moms
- Why Adults Need A Timeout Too
- New Tools To Keep Teen Drivers Safe
- Sneaky Ways To Trick Picky Eaters
- Dad Wisdom You Can’t Live Without
- What Parents Should Know About Snapchat
- Top 12 Most Nutritious Food List
- How Bullying Damages A Child’s Health
- 7 Tips for Balancing Life as a Working Single Parent
- 9 Tips on Digital Devices for Parents and Kids
- How To Choose The Right Daycare
- Halloween Safety Every Parent Should Know
- The Pros and Cons of Juvenile Life Insurance
- Options for Getting Life Insurance for a Minor with a Pre-existing Condition
- Pregnancy and Life Insurance: What you need to know about getting coverage
- Life Insurance on Children: What You Need to Know