$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
There is nothing more important than spending time together as a family but sometimes, by the time you get to family fun night, the budget has been spent on necessities. Good thing there are cheap activities you can have fun doing too.
#1 – Let the Games Begin!
Kids love board and card games. Get all of yours out and make playing them a special occasion. Set out drinks and favorite snacks. Make it a competition. Whoever wins the most games gets a prize. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive, but it should be something the kids will like. Be sure you play along and in a true, competitive spirit. It’s your attention your kids want more than anything else.
#2 – Support your local teams
Every town has schools with teams who play various sports. Choose a favorite sport and a favorite team and then go buy tickets to support it. Wear your team’s colors and don’t forget to bring your own snacks.
#3 – Check out the matinees and kids’ special movies
Matinees are much cheaper than evening movies. In the summer and during holidays many movie theaters have very cheap movies just for kids.
#4 – Take advantage of the opportunities in your town
Many towns have activities for families: movies on the green, free concerts, parades, ugly dog contests, you name it! Fitting some of these into your schedule will not only provide variety, it may even open the door to new family interests.
#5 – Find a family hobby
If you have a common interest, a sport you all enjoy playing or watching, or other pursuit that you share with your family it will help to bind you together and keep you all entertained. Choose something most of you already like, or something you can all learn together.
#6 – Get crafty
Kids love making things and there are endless choices for crafts you can make with inexpensive materials from craft or discount stores. Don’t forget to go through your closets and junk drawers too. You never know what you might find. Have a "craft fair" and award prizes for best in show, most original, most useful, etc.
#7 – Have a party
Children love the excitement of a party and it doesn’t have to cost you much. Invite over a few members of your extended family or friends. Have some simple snacks, play games, watch a movie.
#8 – Create family traditions
Set aside specific times for eating at the kids’ favorite (inexpensive) restaurant, or for sharing a favorite book or movie. Family traditions are an important part of bonding and an excellent way to enjoy your time together more.
#9 – Cook together
Cooking and baking are kid favorites, like anything else that involves food, and you have to eat anyway so why not! Choose something fun – chocolate chip cookies, pizza - and go for it. Let your kids do the fun parts, like picking the pizza toppings and using the cookie cutters.
#10 – Visit your public library
You can borrow audiobooks and movies or find stacks of books to take home and read. Libraries also have children’s story hours and free activities, so check out what’s available while you’re there.
Activities on family fun night don’t have to be elaborate. The important thing is spending time together, having fun and sharing your lives.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet