$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
Keeping your mind sharp at any age should always be a top priority. Having a sharp mind can reduce stress, help you recall information and make you feel better in general. As you age, the brain needs exercise just as much your body. But don’t worry... you don’t have to go back to school to keep your mind sharp. In fact, there are a few more unusual and fun things you can do to keep an active mind.
- Wake up by reading jokes in the morning. Start your morning by reading jokes to keep your mind sharp and alert. This can help your brain be more agile in coming up with an answer to the joke or understanding the punch line. Reading a joke everyday can sharpen your problem solving skills and boost your mood.
- Play an instrument. When you play music you use a different section of the brain than writing or even speaking. Stroke victims that have trouble speaking have been known to still be able to sing a song. Find a used instrument you’ve always wanted to play and use online videos to get some beginner tips.
- Work on puzzles. Doing jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles and playing word games can help keep the mind sharp and help prevent developing Alzheimer’s disease. Playing brain boosting games can increase mental sharpness significantly.
- Look at old photos. Taking a walk down memory lane by looking through old photos can do wonders to keep the mind sharp. Similarly, sharing memories with your kids and grandkids can help exercise the brain and its memory recall ability.
- Eat something new. When the brain encounters a new experience, it becomes more resistant to the effects of aging. New tastes can give the brain unexpected feelings, therefore, stimulating it more. Try a new restaurant or a new home recipe and branch out to give your brain a little extra stimulation.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet
- 4 Ways Life Insurance Helps Families Plan for the Future
- Why Young Families Need Life Insurance
- Reasons to Consider Travel Insurance