$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
Most of the time, the food that tastes the best and has the most appeal is not always the healthiest. So can people actually train themselves to stop craving junk food and actually want to eat healthier foods? Check out these three simple tricks to help train the taste buds and the mind to choose foods rich in vitamins and minerals, rather than foods that are high in fat and calories. It can work for kids too who can often be the most pickiest of eaters.
Gradually train the brain.
No one has to go cold turkey and simply stop eating the foods that may not be the best. It’s more effective to slowly wean off of junk food by lowering the daily consumption of sugary or salty snacks and fatty foods. In fact, it’s even more effective to do it one bite at a time. By gradually weaning the taste buds from junk food, a retraining of the brain takes place too. Cravings start to back off and the need for sugar diminishes. The brain learns to crave the healthier food once exposed to them.
Try, try again.
Have an open mind when it comes to trying new foods, even the ones that have never been a favorite before ... like vegetables. A good rule is to try something at least twice before deciding its fate. To love something, however, takes a lot of repetition. An acquired taste is truly something that’s acquired. This can also be a good rule for children who by nature stick to only a few favorites. Introduce healthy food and keep bringing it back. Even if it’s not loved at the beginning, over time, things may change.
Choose quality over quantity.
Although it’s much easier to choose a big fast food meal, it’s better to choose what’s healthier. It’s also better to take time to enjoy food and savor the taste, rather than rush through a drive-through and eat on the run. By taking time to eat slower, the body can learn to be more satisfied on not only less food, but healthier food.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?