$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How Important Is Estate Planning?
How Important Is Estate Planning?
The short answer? Extremely! It is much easier to plan ahead of time for an uncertain future outside the chaos that can surround a medical emergency or unexpected, life-altering event.
So what is estate planning anyway?
An “estate” is essentially everything a person owns—home, bank accounts, investments, life insurance, personal possessions, vehicles, other real estate, etc. Estate planning is creating a plan for how those assets will be distributed after passing on. In other words, it is advanced preparation to not only protect assets and investments, but also to ensure that loved ones are still taken care of in the event of death.
Planning ahead for a trip to the grocery store or making a schedule for weekend activities makes those events less stressful. The same can be said for estate planning. It can create peace of mind knowing that long-lasting financial obligations will not have adverse impacts.
Below are some key reasons why planning for the future is necessary1:
- Avoids having the courts assign unintentional heirs
- Provides family protection, especially for those with young children, such as guardianship designation for minors
- Greatly reduces beneficiaries’ tax liabilities
- Prevents clashes within the family and ensures that intentions are honored
1Do You Need An Estate Plan?, Fidelity Investments
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet
- 4 Ways Life Insurance Helps Families Plan for the Future
- Why Young Families Need Life Insurance
- Reasons to Consider Travel Insurance