$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Why you should go on vacation
In today’s society when stress levels are the highest and vacation time is the most needed, many people actually don’t take vacations often enough. In fact, according to a recent poll, only about half of Americans actually go on vacation and many never take them at all. And now, due to the current technology of laptops and tablets, when people do go on vacation, work often goes along.
Taking work on vacation is essentially keeping many people in the work mindset they’re trying to escape. This is unfortunate, because there are many reasons why taking a vacation is so important.
One reason to take a vacation is because it can promote creativity. Being able to get away on vacation will give you the time to meditate and reconnect with yourself, and think about the things and people that are important to you.
Another reason why vacations are essential is that time away from work staves off burnout. Research shows that employees who take regular time off to relax are less likely to experience burnout on the job, making people more productive, rested and creative.
An important factor in why you should take a vacation is that it can actually benefit your health. Taking regular time off just to “recharge your batteries” will assist in keeping stress levels down and in return, keep you healthier.
Studies also show that taking a vacation promotes overall wellbeing. It has been noted that only three days after vacation, the physical complaints, quality of sleep and mood had improved as compared to those who had not taken vacation. These improvements in the overall wellbeing of people that had taken vacation were still present five weeks later, especially in those who had more personal time and enjoyment during their vacations. That means that vacations are actually a gift you can give yourself.
Taking that needed vacation can also strengthen the bonds between family members. Spending time enjoying life with loved ones can keep relationships strong, helping you enjoy life together and enabling you to get through the good times and the bad times. In fact, research by the Arizona Department of Health and Human Services found that women who took vacations were more satisfied with their marriages.
As a result of several studies performed, it was discovered that the psychological benefits that come with more frequent vacations lead to increased quality of life, which lead to increased quality of work on the job.
Whether your vacation includes traveling to another state or city, or just staying home for a “staycation”, the bottom line is that taking time away from work and the stresses of daily life can provide a much-needed break so that people can return to their normal routines refreshed and better equipped to handle whatever comes.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet