$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
A major illness can be a life-changing event. After going through the trauma of it, it can be difficult to know how to start over and resume life the same as it was before the diagnosis.
The following are a few tips on dealing with emotions and making a comeback following a major illness:
- It’s okay to look back on the past. After suffering through an illness that can take a toll in so many ways, it’s okay to look back and reflect on the experience. It’s important to realize the strength it took to get through it. Looking back can show how much progress has been made and can bring more positive thoughts about the future.
- Take the necessary time to rest. Even with a clean bill of health, fatigue often follows prolonged illnesses. It may take up to a year to regain strength and feel normal again. Sleep is an important part of the healing process. Make sure to listen to your body and rest when needed.
- Don’t be held captive by fear. With every follow-up appointment, it’s natural to fear a recurrence of an illness. Talk about those fears with doctors, friends or family members to help overcome those natural insecurities and doubt.
- Make exercise a daily routine. With each day of newly gained strength, work to maintain it with daily exercise. Incorporating simple exercise can help maintain muscle strength and overall wellbeing.
- Make a decision about work. If a leave of absence from work was required, it’s important to transition back in slowly. Returning to work may be helpful to regain a feeling of normalcy. It can also be a great source of support from coworkers and friends. Choose a return work schedule that fits all health needs and that is approved by a doctor.
- Plan something fun. Surviving a major illness calls for some well-deserved fun. Take a trip, learn a new skill or pick up a new hobby. Take the opportunity to expand horizons and do something on the old bucket list. There has never been a better time to celebrate life.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet
- 4 Ways Life Insurance Helps Families Plan for the Future
- Why Young Families Need Life Insurance
- Reasons to Consider Travel Insurance