$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is now being hailed as one of the best vegan alternative to cow's milk, and along with its great taste, there are several amazing health benefits to be gained from drinking coconut milk.
Coconut milk is derived from the meat of the coconut, rather than the liquid in the center of the coconut. The liquid in the center of the coconut when cracked open is actually coconut water.
Coconut milk is easy to make and it is easier to digest than cow's milk, which makes it a great alternative for those who are unable to tolerate dairy. Along with its abundance of nutrients, there are many medical benefits linked to drinking coconut milk.
According to researchers, coconut milk is high in magnesium, which aids in keeping blood pressure normal. Coconut milk also contains calcium. The combination of both minerals assists in protecting the body from muscle spasms, as well as strengthening bones and preventing osteoporosis.
Researchers have also found that coconut has antiviral and antibacterial properties, can regulate blood sugar, soothe PMS and prevent inflammation.
Although coconut milk is noted to be high in saturated fat, it can actually raise good cholesterol or HDL, unlike dairy products, which raise the bad cholesterol or LDL. Since the fat in coconut milk is easier to metabolize, drinking it can actually lead to lowering cholesterol overall.
Further studies of coconut milk have shown it to contain selenium, which acts as an antioxidant that can reduce free radicals that are often responsible for joint inflammation. Thus, coconut milk has been shown to relieve arthritis conditions.
Coconut milk is also known to have many beauty benefits. It can be very beneficial as a skin moisturizer both when consumed and applied directly to the skin. Coconut milk can also be used to sooth sunburn pain. Simply apply a layer of the coconut milk to the skin to moisturize and heal the sunburn.
When combined with two parts olive oil and one part coconut milk, the application works great as a makeup remover. Coconut milk has also been found to prevent wrinkles, as it contains high doses of vitamin C and copper, which helps improve elasticity of skin.
Coconut milk is also great as a hair conditioner. Simply apply to the scalp and work through to the end of the hair strands. Once you have covered your hair with the coconut milk, wrap your hair with a towel and leave it on for a few hours to deeply moisturize and condition. There are also many brands of shampoo and conditioners that contain coconut milk and oil to produce moisture and shine for healthy looking hair.
Like all things, the use of coconut milk is good in moderation. Although there are many benefits from coconut milk, there is a downside if used in excess. A cup of coconut milk contains 445 calories and is high in saturated fats, which can lead to weight gain. There is also a chance of having an allergic reaction to coconut milk if you are allergic to nuts since the coconut is classified as a tree nut, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Those that suffer from irritable bowel syndrome or fructose malabsorption may also want to abstain from coconut milk, as this may worsen their condition.
The benefits of coconut milk almost always outweigh the bad as long as moderation is always considered. Make sure to choose a brand labeled BPA-free. Consuming high amounts of coconut milk stored in metal or plastic containers can expose you to high amounts of the BPA chemical.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet
- 4 Ways Life Insurance Helps Families Plan for the Future
- Why Young Families Need Life Insurance
- Reasons to Consider Travel Insurance