$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
Many food brands make claims that what they’re advertising is healthy. After all, their foods may include whole grains, fruits and vegetables. However, often the so called “healthy” food is actually loaded with sugar and is probably not a healthy food choice at all.
The following are a variety of foods that may not be as healthy as you think they are ...
- Granola – Granola is widely known for being a great snack in bar form or as a great addition to cereal or yogurt. Unfortunately, granola can be loaded with sugar, which can take away all of the nutritious value you were going for. If you are a granola fan and would like to add it into your meal plan, try making it from homemade recipes rather than buying the boxed or packaged versions.
- Agave – It was previously thought that agave was a better alternative than sugar, but the fact is, agave is high in fructose and can increase the risk for cardiovascular disease, weight gain from belly fat and insulin resistance for both diabetics and non-diabetics.
- Bran muffins – While bran muffins may be healthier than a frosted donut, the truth is that even a bran muffin is loaded with fat and sugar, and most likely contains more wheat flour than actual bran. To ensure a muffin includes whole grains it’s best to make it yourself from scratch.
- Detox juices – Juicing has become a fad for diets and weight loss; however, many juice cleanses are actually full of sugar. In addition, if you are replacing a meal by juicing your fruits and vegetables, you are missing protein into your diet which is essential to good health. Eating the actual fruits and vegetables rather than juicing can provide more fiber and is ultimately healthier.
- Dried fruit – Although eating dried fruit may be a healthier option than chips or cookies, dried fruit is still a sugary snack. Sugar is often added to dried fruit, which makes it more like candy than a healthy treat. When choosing a dried fruit snack, check the label for sugar content.
- Flavored or fruit-added yogurt – Yogurt is often considered a low-fat, healthy snack, but yogurt can be loaded with sugar, especially if syrupy fruit has been added. When buying yogurt, look for plain Greek yogurt. Then add your own fresh fruit or honey for a sweeter taste.
- Energy and protein bars – Many so called meal replacement bars or snack bars are loaded with sugar and are high in fructose corn syrup. It’s usually a healthier choice to eat a nutritious meal or choose an apple or banana for a snack rather than to replace that meal or snack with an energy bar.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers