$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
When you’re busy all the time, it’s easy to run out in the morning without eating breakfast, or maybe only grabbing a bite that may not be the healthiest choice. But skipping breakfast or eating something quick and full of sugar can leave you with no energy and actually make you irritable. Breakfast is still the most important meal of the day, so here are six healthy breakfast ideas that can give you energy and stamina for the entire day.
- Choose fruit with fiber. Starting your day eating fruits rich in fiber can help you feel full and can actually help you increase productivity. Prunes and berries especially are high in fiber and have been shown to help improve health and reduce the risk of heart disease or developing type-two diabetes. Studies show that most Americans don’t get the recommended daily amount of fiber, but implementing prunes and berries in breakfast cereal or oatmeal can make a world of difference.
- Make eggs. Eggs can be made in so many ways and can be very beneficial as long as you are not cooking them in too much grease or butter. Eggs actually contain thirteen essential nutrients and are full of vitamin B and choline, which is good for maintaining memory. They even have carotenoids which can help keep your eyes healthy. Eggs are full of protein so having them for breakfast can make you feel fuller and prevent you from snacking again too soon.
- Drink coffee. Although adding sugar and syrups can counteract the health benefits of straight black coffee black, there are actually some very healthy and satisfying reasons to drink coffee every morning. Coffee is full of antioxidants and can protect your DNA against free radicals. Coffee has also been shown to prevent people from developing type-two diabetes and perhaps reduce the risk of memory loss.
- Grab a banana. Bananas are full of potassium and can provide energy. They have even been shown to be beneficial in controlling blood pressure. Bananas are great when added to cereal, as a topping on pancakes or as a great, healthy breakfast on the go.
- Eat a grapefruit. Grapefruits are packed full of fiber, nutrients and vitamin C. They are not only great for the digestive system, but can help you feel full longer. Grapefruit can even be beneficial for weight loss and boosting energy.
- Don’t forget the oatmeal. Oatmeal can be beneficial in many ways. It provides fiber that is important in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Oatmeal has been proven to lower bad cholesterol levels and it is full of potassium and omega 3 fatty acids. If you are not a fan of the bland taste of oatmeal, you can add fruit or cinnamon to make a great-tasting breakfast that can help you start the morning off right.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers
- 4 Dangers of Owning an Exotic Pet
- 4 Ways Life Insurance Helps Families Plan for the Future