$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is often a staple when someone is fighting a cold or the flu. Did you know that homemade chicken noodle soup actually has health benefits too?
Chicken noodle soup seems to be a favorite remedy among many when recovering from the flu or a cold. Nothing seems to soothe symptoms more and make you feel better than a nice warm bowl of soup when you are feeling ill. There are actual studies to back up the claim of homemade chicken noodle soup being a great remedy. Keep in mind, however, that the health benefits are the result of homemade chicken noodle soup, rather than store-bought canned soup. Soup made from a can typically contains a high amount of sodium.
The following are some of the benefits of homemade chicken noodle soup that may give you some incentive to go home and make a pot of soup...
- A recent study was published that revealed chicken soup to have amazing results in strengthening the immune response to fighting off cold viruses, including runny nose and cough. Scientists have also confirmed that chicken soup (with or without noodles) can inhibit cold symptoms and prevent the migration of the cold virus.
- Chicken noodle soup is also great for keeping you hydrated when you aren’t feeling well because it’s filled with electrolytes. It’s been proven to be more beneficial for recovering from an illness and keeping you hydrated than commercial electrolyte drinks. The natural salts, the warm soup and steam can be very beneficial in helping to clear mucus membranes and sooth irritated passageways in your nose and throat.
- The ingredients you add to chicken noodle soup can also contain immune boosting antioxidants and nutrients, such as onions, carrots, celery, parsley and chicken. For example, adding carrots, which is a good source of beta-carotene and Vitamin A, is an excellent to keep the eyes healthy. Onions are important as well, as they are rich in antioxidants and help eliminate toxins from the body.
- Adding noodles to chicken noodle soup can also be helpful in weight control, since noodles are high in carbohydrates. They can help you feel full and satisfied more quickly.
- Chicken noodle soup has been shown to be beneficial in giving an emotional and psychological lift to your spirits and is often considered to be a comfort food. The warmth and the homemade taste can actually make a person feel better, not only physically, but also emotionally and mentally.
Chicken noodle soup has continued to be a favorite over the years, not only for children, but also adults. It’s filled with many health benefits and is great to eat anytime you want to feel the comfort of a home-cooked meal.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Cheap Activities For Family Fun Night
- 8 Habits that Could Be Hurting Your Marriage
- The Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- Top Tips For Bone Health For Women
- Caring for Both Your Children and Your Parents
- Debunking Common Relationship Myths
- Family Life Insurance for Young Families
- Five Expensive Home Improvement Projects that Won’t Boost Value
- Five Home Improvement Projects that Pay Off
- Health Benefits Of Cashews
- Help Your Aging Parents Prepare for Retirement
- How to Get the Grandkids to Help with Chores
- How to Prepare a Family History for the Younger Generations
- Is Herbal Medicine The Way To Go
- Natural Mosquito Repellants
- Planning Ahead: Family Life Insurance
- How To Prevent The Common Cold And Flu Virus
- Taking Care Of The Caregiver
- Ten Best Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Families Can Grow at Home
- Ten Tips for Successful Single Parent Families
- Top 10 Health And Safety Tips For Fall And Winter
- Top Ten Household Safety Tips
- Why All Women Need Life Insurance Too
- Why you should go on vacation
- Who Should Be Your Beneficiary
- The Benefits Of Vitamin B
- 5 Reasons To Eat Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Tips To Prepare For Allergy Season
- Unusual Ways To Keep Your Mind Sharp
- Food That Isn’t As Healthy As You Think
- 4 Things That Are Secretly Killing Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Questions You Need To Ask At Your Next Checkup
- How To Make A Comeback After An Illness
- 4 Benefits Of Water Most People Don’t Know
- Heartfelt Advice To Avoid Heart Disease
- What Is Respite Care And Are You One Of Millions Of People That May Need It?
- Three Tricks To Healthy Eating
- How Important Is Estate Planning?
- 5 Backyard Grill Safety Tips
- Combining Insurance After Marriage: Updating Your Life and Health Policies
- Top 5 Crazy Food Options at Globe Life Park, Home of the Texas Rangers