$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
According to the Department of Health and Human Science, 50 to 55 percent of women and 40 to 45 of men in the United States, suffer from the bulgy, lumpy veins that usually appear blue or purple in color. These sometimes troublesome veins are known as varicose veins.
Varicose veins can also be a common problem among older or pregnant women, due to hormonal changes. Studies have shown that as people age, veins tend to lose their elasticity caused by rising levels of inflammation.
Although people of any race or age can be afflicted by varicose veins, women are actually more likely to suffer from them than men. Varicose veins are caused by an underlying disorder called venous insufficiency. If you are experiencing symptoms of pain or inflammation from varicose veins, it is important to consult you dermatologist or healthcare professional for treatment options.
With lifestyle changes, medications and the use of compressions stockings, conservative treatment can be useful in reducing the symptoms of varicose veins. There are also some natural treatment options that many find effective in treating varicose veins.
- Practice good posture and regular exercise. Improving circulation by maintaining good posture and getting regular exercise can be very beneficial in lowering inflammation and efficiently pumping blood through your veins. According to the Carolina Vascular Institute, it is recommended that you perform low-impact exercises such as walking, swimming and bicycling. Other exercises that are helpful varicose veins are leg lifts, leg stretches and lunges.
According to the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute, standing for long periods of time can cause an increased risk of varicose veins. Try to move frequently and don’t become stagnant for too long. It is also important not to cross your legs while sitting.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Some believe there may be a connection between obesity and varicose veins, especially in women and seniors. With excess weight, varicose veins can go unnoticed until they have become large and inflamed. By losing weight and eating a healthy diet, you can diminish the impact weight can have on damaged veins.
- Wear compressions stockings. Compressions stockings can help correct blood flow in the legs, as well as reduce pain and swelling. Compression stockings can now be found in more fashionable colors and patterns to fit every lifestyle. They can even provide a daily soothing treatment for your legs.
- Consider alternative medicines. Research has shown that herbal remedies may give some relief to those who suffer from varicose veins. However, as always, you should check with your physician before beginning any herbal regimen. The following are some helpful supplements that are sometimes doctor-recommended for the treatment of varicose veins:
- Bilberry – boosts blood circulation and strengthens capillary walls
- Horse chestnut – strengthens vein walls and valves, boosts circulation and alleviates swelling
- Butcher’s broom – reduces inflammation in veins
- Grape seed extract – contains compounds which boost circulation and improve vein walls
- Vitamin E – thins the blood promoting blood flow and alleviating inflammation in veins
- Ginkgo biloba – frequently used for circulatory issues
- Vitamin C – improves health of vein walls
- Bromelain – alleviates inflammation in the veins
- Bioflavonoid complex – improves the structure of veins
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget