$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Home Remedies For Heartburn
Home Remedies For Heartburn
Almost everyone suffers from heart burn or acid reflux at some point, whether it’s due to stress, eating certain foods, drinking alcohol, smoking or medical conditions. In fact, more than 60 million American adults suffer from heartburn at least once a month and about 25 million American adults suffer from heartburn on a daily basis. Heartburn is even more common among seniors and pregnant women.
The following are natural remedies that may be helpful in preventing heartburn and reducing the risk of suffering from this uncomfortable condition:
- Baking Soda. Baking soda can work wonders soothing heartburn and acid reflux problems because it works to neutralize acid that forms in the stomach. It can treat symptoms by getting rid of the burning sensation. You can make baking soda heartburn relief by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda into a full glass of water.
- Aloe Vera. Aloe vera has long been used to treat cuts and burns. You can even find it as an ingredient used in body lotions, shampoos and conditioners, and shower gels. Did you know it is actually safe to drink aloe vera juice? It can be used to soothe the burning sensation in your stomach and throat felt from acid reflux.
- Chamomile Tea. Drinking a cup of chamomile tea before bed can help you relax and also stop inflammation from developing in your stomach. Inflammation causes acid to travel up through the esophagus. Adding lemon or honey to chamomile tea can provide a soothing element, as well as help you get good sleep without heartburn symptoms.
- Almonds. Eating almonds for a snack can have amazing results in neutralizing the acid in the stomach and soothing heartburn symptoms. They can be a great replacement to unhealthy fatty snacks and provide a multitude of health benefits.
- No cigarettes or alcohol. Alcohol and nicotine can be very irritating to the stomach and cause acid reflux and heartburn. If you smoke or drink and suffer from frequent heartburn, consider asking your physician for help in quitting.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget