$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
Sunburns hurt and they can cause serious damage to the skin. Too much sun exposure can lead to dry and overaged looking skin. Over time, it can dramatically increase the risk of skin cancer.
Unfortunately, even the most careful of sunscreen users may find themselves at some point unprepared and end up with a sunburn. So, what is the best way to heal sunburned skin quickly and alleviate the pain, blistering and peeling that follows? The following are some soothing treatments proven to give a bit of healing relief.
- Oatmeal – Believe it or not, oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast. It’s also a fantastic paste to treat sunburns, rashes and other skin irritations. Wrap oatmeal in gauze, run it under cool water and place it on sunburned skin. Reapply every few hours for relief.
- Yogurt – Try applying plain yogurt as a topical cream to sunburned skin and then rinse off with cool water. It has an instant soothing sensation. Plain yogurt aids in healing sunburned skin because of the natural cultures that speed natural healing.
- Baking soda – Baking soda has so many uses. It can be incredibly soothing to sunburned skin when added to a cool or lukewarm bath. Soaking in a bath with baking soda can temporarily relieve pain and promote healing.
- Hydrocortisone with aloe – Over-the-counter hydrocortisone topical cream, spray or ointment has many healing benefits for sunburned skin.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar has grown in recent popularity for its many healing properties. Add sunburn relief to the list. Apple cider vinegar can be added to a bath or it can be applied to the skin with a cotton ball.
- Aloe vera – Aloe vera is very healing and soothing to the body. It can be used topically to soothe and heal sunburned skin. Applying pure aloe vera to the skin can provide cooling and refreshing benefits, as well as support healing and nourishment.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?