$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
Struggling to save money? It can be really hard, especially for those just starting out. It can still be just as hard though for those who have been trying for years and never seem to get ahead.
There are a few less-talked about money-saving tips that can actually work for those that really want to save better ...
Choose a better bank.
Don’t stick with a bank that charges monthly fees or high ATM charges. Many banks have no monthly fees, free ATM transactions and even have attractive interest rates. Some banks will even offer bonuses or perks to new customers for opening accounts.
Watch less TV.
There can be some great money savings to watching less TV. Infomercials and commercials easily tempt people into impulse purchases. Watching less TV can help avoid that temptation and may lead to actual savings.
In addition, consider the actual monthly cost of TV. Choose a smaller cable package or utilize live-streaming services at a low monthly cost and cut off completely.
Collections, keepsakes and other random memorabilia can end up taking space without adding much value. Consider getting some of the original investment back by selling it in a garage sale or online. Most people never miss their random collections, but always welcome the extra money.
Buying gifts at the store can soon add up to a lot of money, even sale items. Be creative and try making gifts instead. There is wealth of ideas online for amazing homemade gifts at a price that won’t dent the budget.
Wait it out.
Make it a practice to wait thirty days before making a big purchase. Waiting it out and giving it some thought can help people decide if they really need something and if they can truly afford it.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget
- Why is Life Insurance Important for Someone Getting a Mortgage?