$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget
Buying life insurance doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the quality of your coverage. In this blog, learn five tips to help secure life insurance that fits your budget without compromising the quality of coverage you deserve.
5 Tips and Tricks to Finding Affordable Life Insurance
- Choose the best life insurance policy for your situation. Understanding what you and your family needs is one of the first steps towards finding coverage. Consider your family’s unique set of needs and history, as well as all of your financial obligations. In doing so, you can help ensure that you select the right amount of coverage to fit your family’s needs while giving you the tools necessary to responsibly estimate the amount of coverage available for your financial situation.
- Buy life insurance as early as possible. Life insurance may be significantly cheaper the younger you are when you purchase it. With increased age comes increased health risks, all of which can influence the premium rate of your policy. In fact, life insurance policy rates rise an average of eight to ten-percent each year you put off applying.1 To give yourself the best chance in finding a life insurance policy, buy early. This way you may be able to lock in in the same premium rates you have at a younger age for the duration of the policy—saving you money for years to come.
- Use quote websites wisely. One of the fastest ways to review what type of life insurance may best fit your financial situation is through the use of a quote website. Quote websites are particularly useful as they provide users a quick and easy way to view their life insurance options and possible costs. Make sure your quote websites compares quotes from multiple insurers to give yourself the best start!
- Consider a term life insurance policy—especially for those over 50 years of age. For those older in age, one may want to consider purchasing a term life insurance policy. A term life policy is often less expensive than a whole life insurance policy and typically only provides a death benefit in the event of the insured’s death so long as the death occurs during the duration of the policy.1 However, despite term life policies lacking certain features associated with whole life it doesn’t mean that term life policies are bad. In fact, term life policies have long been a viable option for young people and older generations alike, and well worth considering.
- Work with an independent broker. Knowing how to get a life insurance policy is important, but so is recognizing when you need help in deciding on one. An independent broker can help inform you of life insurance products you should consider, provide valuable information on certain insurers, and help guide you through the process with ease. If you’re having trouble deciding on a policy—or just want some extra help—phoning your local, independent broker may be the best decision you make.
Finding life insurance doesn’t have to be difficult, but it does require a little bit of work. By following these five tips and tricks you can help improve your chances of finding the best life insurance policy to fit your needs without breaking the bank. Remember to do your research, weigh your options, compare your quotes wisely, and reach out for help when you need it most.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget