$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How To Have A Humble Holiday
Holiday Guide: Money-Saving Gift Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank
The hustle and bustle of the holidays can quickly go from holly jolly merriment to Grinch-esque stress and anxiety without a solid plan for gift-giving in place. Planning ahead and creating a budget are great ways to alleviate some of that tension.
But what about that last minute Christmas party invite? Or unaccounted for out-of-town relatives that will be present at the family celebration? Not to mention, the day-to-day expenses that take priority every month...
Below are 7 holiday gift ideas that cost very little and still fit in almost any household budget.
- Upcycle! Remember that gift card that’s been hiding in your wallet unused for months? Use it towards a last minute gift for someone else, or even re-gift the gift card! Not only does this idea cost absolutely nothing, it also relieves the giver of any embarrassment in a typical “re-gifting” scenario.
- Themed Gift Basket Dollar stores have inexpensive baskets, as well as a great selection of coffee mugs, wine glasses and more. For less than $5, a couple of cute mugs, hot chocolate and marshmallows or cider mix and cinnamon sticks create a thoughtful gift that is sure to be appreciated on those long winter nights.
- Recipe In A Jar A favorite dessert, drink mix, baked good, sugar scrub or spice mix can quickly turn into a considerate gift. Simply use a mason jar, decorate with an inexpensive holiday ribbon, fill with the necessary dry ingredients and attach the recipe or instructions. Voila—an easy, unique present. To add an extra touch, “wrap” it in an oven mitt or include a necessary accessory (cookie cutter, measuring spoon, etc.).
- Sweet Treats Better yet, make it yourself! Homemade baked goods or candies are always well-received gifts. And you get to show off your cooking skills.
- YOU-ltide Greetings A photo of you in a nice frame or a homemade coupon book tailored to the recipient’s interests can be extremely inexpensive, yet thoughtful, gifts.
- The Write Stuff Use a loved one’s favorite line from a movie or book, or even just a quote that reminds you of them, and make a keepsake piece. Find a small piece of wood, paint it and apply the quote in vinyl lettering. Another option is to design a layout of the quote with a word processing program, take it to a local print shop to enlarge it and frame it for a custom piece of art.
- Start an Ornament Exchange Whether going the homemade/DIY route or purchasing a unique decoration from a local artisan, you can start a new tradition with friends or family, AND solve the gift-giving glitch.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget