$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Charitable Giving On A Budget
Charitable Giving On A Budget
Some can find it difficult to donate money during the holiday season. Most people are on a budget and have a hard time coming up with extra money to give to charity when they have to buy for so many others as well. Check out a few ways to do some charitable giving and still stay on budget.
Volunteer as a coach, mentor, or teacher’s aide for kids. Take a shift at a local food bank or as a hospital volunteer. Not all giving has to cost money. Time is often worth more.
Clean out the closet.
There are many donation centers that are willing to take clothes or shoes or any other household items. Giving items to non-profit organizations can go a long way in helping someone find an outfit they may need to go on a job interview or to clothe their family. Donate old books to nursing homes, assisted living centers or local libraries.
For those that knit, sew, crochet or are simply craft, make tiny booties, little hats or blankets for premature babies. Make things for needy children or even shelter animals.
Blood donations drop during the winter months even though the need for blood continues. Donate blood to a blood bank or donate platelets and plasma to those who are undergoing cancer treatment and organ transplants.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget
- Why is Life Insurance Important for Someone Getting a Mortgage?
- Can Getting a Life Insurance Quote Affect My Credit Score?
- How Much Should I Pay for Whole Life Insurance vs Term Life Insurance?