$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
The Holidays On A Budget
Part of the fun of holiday shopping is finding the best deals. From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, shopping on a budget is more possible than ever before. Discounts and deals are everywhere from in-store retailers to social media and websites.
The following are some simple ways to help you stay on budget this holiday season:
- Get started ASAP. Start looking now for the best deals. You can often find pre-Black Friday deals that can save you even more money. Watch for ads in your newspaper circular, social media and websites. In addition, many stores will offer a price drop guarantee, which means that if you make a purchase and the price drops within a few weeks, you can take your receipt back to the store for an adjustment on the difference.
- Make a list. Before you ever begin shopping, make a gift list of the people you’re shopping for. This can save you time and money and allow you to stay on budget.
- Look for rewards from your bank. Some banks will offer cash back deals, rewards or bonuses when you use their credit or debit card. Using a bank card with a certain amount available on the card can also help you to set a limit on your holiday purchases.
- Seek out price matching. Many retail stores will match the sale price of an item at another store when you find the same item at a lesser price. You can use apps like RedLaser or ShopSavvy to can find the best deal in your area without having to scan the multiple ads.
- Don’t pay for shipping. Retailers now offer the option of ordering online and having the item shipped to the store with no shipping charges. If this is a good option for you, it will save you money, especially if you are shipping several items. Most retail websites offer free shipping during the holiday season to stay competitive.
- Check the return policy. If you are shopping early, make sure the return policy will extend past the time you have given your gift. If you buy online, make sure you can either return the item without shipping charges or return the item to the store.
- Shop at outlet stores. You can usually find your favorite store and at any outlet mall and find items at discounted prices. Not only do outlet stores offer discounted prices, they typically run sales on top of that. You may be able to find comparable items at prices that have been discounted up to 70 percent off or more.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money
- 5 Tips for Finding Life Insurance That Fits Your Budget