$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
Did you know millions and millions of Americans suffer from sinus-related issues every year? Billions of doctor’s visits and thousands of surgical procedures are also related to sinusitis.
If you are among the millions of Americans that suffer from swollen and inflamed sinuses, the following tips may provide a more natural approach to finally getting some relief...
- Invest in a humidifier. Nasal passages can be prone to dryness and irritation in the colder months due to dry air and the use of artificial heat. To prevent sinus problems from occurring and causing painful pressure, try using a humidifier or vaporizer to keep sinuses moistened.
- Prevent household mold. Too much moisture and humidity can also be a bad thing because it can lead to mold growth. People in damp climates may not need a humidifier. Watch for mold growth around walls, floors and ceilings. Too much moisture can be a breeding ground for dust mites and mold allergens. Breathing in bacteria can lead to sinus infections.
- Avoid secondhand smoke. Cigarette or other smoking chemical fumes can dry out and irritate nasal passages even if it’s secondhand smoke. When it’s possible, make sure rooms are ventilated well and that smokers are asked to step outside, or go to a designated area that’s distinctly separate from people who don’t want to breathe the fumes.
- Adjust the thermostat. Homes are kept typically warmer than normal during the winter months, but that can actually lead to sinus problems due to the dry air and heat. Keep the thermostat down to comfortable but cooler temperature and dress in extra layers or use blankets to keep warm.
- Manage pet dander. Pet dander can infiltrate the air and become imbedded in carpet, furniture and bedding causing allergies and sinus irritation. When pet dander aggravates allergies it’s important to bathe the animal weekly and clean the house thoroughly. This includes vacuuming and shampooing carpet and furniture, cleaning ducts and vents, and washing bedding weekly.
- Use natural nasal sprays. Nasal sprays that consist of all-natural saline mist or a saltwater solution can help keep the nasal passages moist and lubricated in dry climates.
- Try aromatherapy and steam. Breathing in essential oils and herbs like eucalyptus and peppermint can help reduce inflammation and open airway passages. Peppermint can also aid in alleviating sinus headaches. Lavender is very helpful as a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory because it can reduce irritation while inducing more relaxed breathing.
You might also be interested in...
- 7 Steps To Choosing Health Insurance
- 8 Steps to Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
- Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Are Negative Habits Keeping You From Your Financial Goals?
- Best Retirement Tips for the Younger Generations
- Calculating Life Insurance Needs
- Can You Climb Your Mountain of Debt?
- Be Careful! You Just Might Get What You Paid For With These Cheap Life Services
- Eating On A Tight Budget
- Five Costly Disasters Your Auto Insurance May Not Cover
- Five Practical Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Five Ways to Cut Back on Your Grocery Bills
- Four Bad Financial Habits You Need To Break Now
- Getting Out of Debt: Start Taking Control of Your Finances Again
- Good Financial Habits
- How To Deal With Debt During A Divorce
- How To Get By On Social Security
- How to Host an Inexpensive Dinner Party
- How to Rebuild Your Credit and Increase Your Score
- Insurance Myths
- Is it Worth it to Get a Credit Monitoring Service?
- Making Life Transitions
- The Pros And Cons Of HARP Refinance
- Ten Essential Tips for Managing Your Personal Finances
- The Importance of Life Insurance You Can Afford
- Top Financial Mistakes That Can Spoil Your Retirement
- Top Ten Cheap Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained
- What's the Point of Points?
- 4 Ways To Treat Rosacea Naturally
- 4 Natural Remedies For Varicose Veins
- 8 Ways To Grocery Shop On A Budget
- The Holidays On A Budget
- Tips For Women On Saving For Retirement
- Home Remedies For Heartburn
- 8 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil
- The Best Natural Treatments For Sinus Sufferers
- Old Medical Hacks That Still Work
- How To Shop Healthy On A Budget
- The Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Charitable Giving On A Budget
- Money-Saving Tips That Actually Work
- 10 Ideas For Budget-Friendly Family Fun
- Can a Reverse Mortgage Save Your Monthly Budget?
- How to Get Free Money For College
- How To Have A Humble Holiday
- Top 4 Ways To Save For College Education
- Can you borrow money from a life insurance policy?
- Cashing Out a Life Insurance Policy
- Can I Sell My Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Layering Term Life Insurance Could Save You Money