$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
With easy access to the internet and countless reviews, it’s now commonplace to research doctors and healthcare providers before ever going in for a visit. But even with the ability to review physician’s qualifications beforehand, they still may not be the best fit. There could even be a case where doctors with long-term relationships with patients may need to be reconsidered.
The following are five red flags signaling it may be time to switch healthcare providers:
- Doesn’t listen – Many doctors are caring take time to listen to concerns. However, some simply don’t take that time. If you feel like your physician isn’t listening to concerns or not thoroughly explaining a treatment plan, then it might be cause for concern and time to seek an alternative medical provider.
- Gives unsolicited advice – Healthcare providers are sure to have knowledgeable and helpful advice in treating health issues; however, if they are giving medical advice outside the scope of their profession or providing unrequested information, it may be time to look elsewhere for a medical provider that will stay within their realm of specialization.
- Discloses health history – There are strict laws in place to protect patient privacy. If you find out your employer, for example, or anyone else has gained access to private medical information without your written permission, consider changing medical providers immediately and report them to the Office of Civil Rights. Medical providers are only required to disclose information that may be required by law under certain circumstances.
- Orders unnecessary tests – Most doctors seek to be thorough by ordering tests to help them diagnose symptoms. Nevertheless, if a physician orders too many tests that are not the normal checkup routine, it may time to search for a health care provider that won’t pressure you with unwanted tests; but instead, focus on immediate concerns.
- Has a rude office staff – Not only should medical providers be warm and welcoming, the office staff should be as well. It’s important to be treated respectfully. The office staff should be professional, helpful and willing to answer any questions regarding billing procedures or appointments. If the staff is rude and unprofessional, you should be comfortable enough to talk to your medical provider about those concerns. If they seem to dismiss concerns regarding the staff, you may want to seek an alternative healthcare provider with a staff that is more professional.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is Rated A (Excellent)
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting Life Insurance without a Medical Exam