$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
Having a cold hinders everything. From not feeling well to simply missing out on everything, no one has time for a persistent cold. Some people can’t afford to miss a day of work regardless of how bad they feel. Busy parents can’t take time off from their kids for a cold either. It’s important to figure out the best way to kick a cold fast and if not, it’s time to find out why it won’t go away.
Did you return to work too soon? Although cold symptoms may have faded, germs are still contagious and can be spread to other people, so if possible, don’t rush back to work too soon. Wash hands often and use an elbow to cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing. Keep sick kids at home or anyone who may have a compromised immune system. Don’t return back if there’s been a fever within the last 24 hours or a loud, painful cough. Wait if you’re taking medication that causes drowsiness or if you’re too tired and achy to be productive.
Do you smoke? Smokers tend to suffer from more colds and upper respiratory infections than non-smokers. Inhaled nicotine and tobacco can damage the lung tissue making it more difficult to fight off infection. It can be more challenging for smokers to get over a cold.
Have you gotten enough rest? Ignoring the fact that you have a cold by continuing to work will not speed up recovery. Lack of energy and fatigue is the body’s way of telling you to rest. Take time to recuperate and rest instead. Plenty of rest can help the body fight off colds more quickly.
Are you stressed out? Stress can lower the immune system making it increasingly difficult to fight off viruses as effectively as when not feeling stressed. Try to balance stress with rest and exercise as to help combat illnesses.
Do you drink enough water? It is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids like water, 100-percent fruit juice, herbal teas and chicken or beef broth. Staying hydrated can help fight illnesses that can cause chest, sinus and head congestion.
Do you overuse cold meds? Instant relief feels good, but too much over-the-counter cold medications can actually slow recovery. The over-use of medications that include decongestants can cause the nasal cavities to become inflamed and make cold symptoms worse.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?