$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
Over 600,000 people die of heart disease every year in in the United States. In fact, heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and 1 in every 4 deaths is due to heart disease.
Exercise and healthy eating are obvious ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, but there are also a few more unusual tricks too. Check out these unique ways to keep your heart healthy and strong.
- Turn down the noise. Based on studies from the University of Kentucky, turning down the radio, TV, or other noisy electronics can lower the risk of heart disease and relieve stress. Unfortunately, loud noises can increase the production of stress hormones that can cause damage to arteries. If you can’t always quiet the noise around you, you can wear earplugs to control any loud noise that may cause unnecessary stress.
- Reduce high blood pressure with tomatoes and onions. Research shows that eating three quarters of a cup of tomatoes and a quarter cup of raw or cooked onions daily can lower blood pressure as much as ten percent. According to the journal of Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy that can cut the risk of heart disease by as much as 50 percent. The lycopene in tomatoes and compounds in onions can help relax arteries throughout the body, causing blood to flow more easily to the heart. This, in turn, can reduce blood pressure.
- Eat chicken thighs or drumsticks to prevent plaque buildup. The Journal of Nutrition recently reported that preventing plaque buildup on artery walls can decrease the risk of heart disease by 57 percent. Whereas most people choose the healthy white meat of chicken breasts, the dark meat may actually improve the chances of reduced plaque buildup in arteries. Dark meat in chicken contains vitamin K2, which is a nutrient that prevents calcium and cholesterol from forming plaque. Eating eight ounces of dark meat weekly may work to stop plaque from forming in arties. You can also substitute chicken with two eggs daily and four ounces of liver to get the same results.
- Don’t skip the dark chocolate. By drinking two cups of dark chocolate cocoa or eating two ounces of dark chocolate daily, helpful HDL cholesterol levels may increase by as much as twelve percent. This can help sweep fat from arteries, reducing the risk of heart disease. In addition, if you suffer from high LDL cholesterol levels, a hot cup of dark chocolate cocoa can actually block LDL absorption and possibly lower those bad cholesterol levels.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance