$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States killing about 140,000 Americans every year. Strokes can happen to anyone at any time and while there isn’t a way to avoid a stroke, there are some changes in diet that may lower the risk.
In moderation, chocolate has been known to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. Due to the antioxidant and protective value that dark chocolate offers, like lowering blood pressure, it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
People who increase their fiber intake can reduce the risk of suffering a stroke. Increased fiber can be gained by eating whole grain pasta, brown rice, whole wheat bread and quinoa.
Oranges and grapefruits can also lower the risk of stroke stroke. A study found that women who ate the most citrus fruit lowered their risk of stroke by 19 percent. The flavanoids present in citrus fruits have health benefits, specifically a subcategory of flavanoids called flavanones that are especially beneficial when it comes to avoiding strokes.
Potassium can be beneficial in controlling the effects of sodium like high blood pressure. Sweet potatoes are rich in potassium so they’re often credited for lowering stroke risks.
A review of multiple studies showed a handful of peanuts everyday can lower the risk of stroke, coronary heart disease, and cardiovascular disease. Peanuts are high in fiber which can lower stroke risk because fiber controls high cholesterol.
Tomatoes have lycopene which is an antioxidant that can eliminate the free radicals that damage DNA and cells. Lycopene-rich diets can help avoid strokes and certain cancers.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 leading causes of death for people older than 50 and how to avoid them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving