$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
Despite some of the headaches technology can bring to parents when it comes to kids and teens, it can provide some amazing safety benefits too. Check out the latest and greatest in high-tech safety that every family needs...
1. Smart Doorbells
Doorbells have gone digital. With a smart doorbell, there’s 2-way video and audio, so people can see who’s at the door before ever approaching it. The video doorbell allows people to communicate with someone at the door whether or not anyone is even home. Smart doorbells come with things like live-streaming video; Wi-Fi enabled apps, two-way communication and home automation. Smart doorbells can keep homes safer and eliminate the risk of opening the door to a stranger. They are especially useful for kids that are home alone after school or in the summer. Parents can use enabled apps to monitor any door activity even when they’re at work or away from home.
2. Home Cameras
Home monitoring cameras can alert people to any unusual movement or noise detected at home. With enabled alerts, people can check the home camera from any smart device allowing viewable footage from a cellphone, tablet, work computer or laptop when you’re not at home.
Most new models are available for indoor and outdoor use. Outdoor cameras can be especially useful to law enforcement in the event of a break-in or vandalism. Some insurance carriers will even provide discounts for camera installation since it serves as added security to the property. Indoor cameras can help monitor the activity of kids that are home alone as well as the coming and going of older teenage kids.
3. Wearable GPS Trackers
Keeping kids safe is hard enough...keeping them safe when they’re out of sight is even more challenging. Wearable GPS trackers for kids are the latest safety tech device that actually can come in quite handy without being too intrusive. Much like the look of a smartwatch, wearable GPS devices can provide updated information of a child’s location whether at school, at a field trip or away at camp. Some devices even have video calling capabilities. There are devices specifically designed for kids with special needs as well. These devices can make the worry of a child wandering off or getting lost seem a little less worrisome.
4. Portable Security Buttons
Meet the walking safety tech of many millennials...wearable security buttons. It’s like a security blanket in a simple button. These buttons can be put on a keychain, slipped in a pocket or clipped anywhere. When the button is pushed, it alerts friends or family members of trouble. GPS tracking sends the location. Many devices have varying levels of distress calls with alerts coded from basic alarms to full panic calls. Newer devices even have emergency responder call technology. These buttons aren’t trackers but a way to connect in a time of need.
5. Medical Alert Systems
Many seniors live alone, so why not use a high-tech device to make sure they’re never completely alone if something unexpected happens? With digital medical alert systems seniors can contact an emergency response team with the simple press of a button. With a small remote that can be carried or worn, most devices feature 24/7 monitoring, fall detection and GPS ability in case first responders can’t get the location. Multiple choice options are available so a friend or family member can be called versus a 911 call. A call button can also be set up in multiple rooms of the house. Battery backed-up devices also ensure constant safety even in the event of a power failure.
6. Dashboard Cameras
Dashboard cameras have become increasingly popular as a record keeper of any driving pitfalls. There are a variety of them available. They can provide accurate and reliable accounts of any accidents or road situations that may need further review. They can also be an excellent way to monitor new teenage drivers and ensure there isn’t any distraction like cell phones or other dangerous activity while driving.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting Life Insurance without a Medical Exam