$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
With the rise of the smartphone and fast home Internet connections, online shopping has exploded in popularity. Want something? Point and click, and it can be delivered within days, if not the same day. A whopping 69 percent of U.S. citizens say they shop online, with 25 percent saying they purchased items online within the past month.1 Grocery shopping may be slow to catch on, but 30 percent of all computer and electronics sales and 22 percent of all clothing purchases are made online.2
So what about insurance? Can you get an accidental death insurance quote online?
While accidents may seem relatively benign, accidental death is actually the third leading cause of death in the United States, with 169,936 preventable deaths taking place in 2017.3 U.S. citizens fell victim to 47.2 million injuries relating to accidents in the same year.3 The resulting hospital and end-of-life costs can add up quickly.
Accidental death insurance is commonly a supplement to a traditional life insurance policy, with death benefits paid out in the case of death by accident.4 The parameters for eligible payout can change from insurer to insurer, so it’s best to research multiple companies and their policies for one that works well for you.
Considering the statistics above, odds are you’ll do that research online. So could you get a quote for accidental death insurance right then?
The short answer is yes. Some insurers will estimate a death benefit payout and associated premiums online. In the best of cases, those estimates are just that—educated guesses at what you may need to pay and the amount your beneficiaries might receive. That’s because every insurance policy is highly dependent upon the unique circumstances of the policyholder. Factors like line of work and office environment can vary wildly, but still directly affect a policy’s cost and death benefits, as well as eligibility for coverage.
While online shopping is great for concrete goods like clothing and electronics, it’s better to consult with a local licensed insurance agent when it comes to insurance policies. An agent may be able to help you get the best value for your money. So while in-person meetings may not be as convenient, they may be worth it to help protect your loved ones’ financial futures.
2. “Why People Still Don’t Buy Groceries Online,” The Atlantic, Feb. 5, 2019, https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/02/online-grocery-shopping-has-been-slow-catch/581911/
3. “Injury Facts,” National Safety Council, 2019, https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/
4. “Accidental Death Insurance Coverage and Exclusions,” death-insurance.com, March 22, 2016, http://death-insurance.com/add-insurance-coverage-exclusions/
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?