$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
Even in food most people believe to be healthy, there may be hidden ingredients that are not very healthy at all. Many foods are processed with toxic chemicals, over processed with artificial ingredients or infused with preservatives.
The following are a few things that have a hidden side full of unhealthy things ...
Whether you buy tomato sauce in a jar or a can, it may come with hidden ingredients like sugar, high fructose corn syrup and a long list of toxic preservatives. The components that may be buried within tomato sauce can contribute to obesity, diabetes, coronary artery disease and dental decay.
Opt for homemade sauce if possible. Use organic, fresh tomatoes, fresh spices and other fresh vegetables like garlic and onions.
Unfortunately, there is nothing healthy about drinking a soda, even diet sodas. Regular sodas can contain as much as ten teaspoons of refined sugar. While choosing sugar-free soda may seem better, they contain artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup that can actually be much worse than sugar itself. Diet soda still contains artificial dyes, preservatives and chemicals that do little to actually quench thirst.
Packaged Deli Meats
Package deli meats may seem like an easy way to make lunch, but packaged deli meats are filled with high levels of nitrates, sodium, preservatives and other additives that can lead to heart disease, cancer and high blood pressure. It can also lead to behavioral and learning problems in children.
Use a local butcher and have meet sliced, or make meat at the beginning of the week and store it in the refrigerator. The meat may not last as long as packaged deli meats, but it will be free of harmful preservatives.
Salad dressing can sabotage the nutritious of a healthy salad. Most salad dressings, even fat-free salad dressings, are loaded with sugar, high fructose corn syrup and artificial coloring.
Keep salads healthy by using a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar mixed with extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil is a healthy fat that can help keep a salad more nutritious.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is Rated A (Excellent)
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting Life Insurance without a Medical Exam
- A New Year's Resolution You Can Keep: Buy Life Insurance
- Food Contamination: Ways to Avoid the Potential Dangers and Keep Food Safe
- Can I Increase the Face Value of My Term Life Insurance?
- What is Mortgage Protection Insurance?
- Do I need Accidental Death Insurance?