$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How Dangerous Is Sugar?
How Dangerous Is Sugar?
People crave sugar and often confess to having a sweet tooth. Unfortunately, not only can sugar cause weight gain, heart issues and tooth decay, sugar can also cause other health problems that many are not even aware of.
Refined sugar can be a culprit for multiple health problems. The following are some of the dangers lurking within the body simply from consuming sugar regularly ...
- Fatty liver disease – Liver damage can be caused by high amounts of fructose or refined sugar intake. Excess amounts of sugar can gather around organs rather than being eliminated, thus resulting in liver damage. The best way to prevent excessive amounts of refined sugar or high fructose sugar is to read food and drink labels. Look for whole or natural products in order to avoid processed foods or juices that include high amounts of sugar.
- Learning disabilities – Kids can hit a sugar high when they get too many sweets. The truth is sugar can have an effect on children’s ability to focus and concentrate on learning. The problem is many food and beverage companies market their unhealthy, sugary products to appeal to kids. However, when kids get a well-balanced diet of healthy fruits, vegetables and grains, they are able to process and reason better, which can lead to better study habits. For this reason, many schools have initiated healthy breakfast and lunch programs to ensure children are eating a proper diet.
- Sugar highs and lows – Sugary desserts and drinks can lead to weight gain and blood sugar spikes as well. The instant sugar fix can initially produce an energetic feeling; however, it is typically followed by a crash that brings on fatigue.
- Premature aging – Refined sugar and fructose can actually age skin adding to wrinkles, fine lines and sagging. Sugar can actually cause reduced elasticity in skin resulting in premature aging. To maintain healthier skin with age, eat a nutritious diet full of fruits and vegetables.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance