$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
Whether young or old or somewhere in between, discussing final wishes is never easy. However, if something unexpected ever happens to either you or your spouse, it’s important not to leave a financial burden behind.
The following are some ways to ease into the conversation about life insurance and the importance of the safety net it can provide for the family ...
- Timing is everything. Finding the right moment to talk about life insurance can have an impact on the decision-making process. Sometimes life events like the birth of a child, a birthday and kids going to college can make the need seem greater. The consequences of a family left without financial protection are detrimental, and the cost of taking out life insurance often increases with age. Pointing out the importance of life insurance during specific events may be helpful.
- Relax and focus. Set aside a time when you are both relaxed and away from daily stress. A calm, quiet atmosphere can do wonders for a conversation that is necessary and needs focused attention without interruption.
- Remember why it’s needed. Providing security and protection against financial debt is an important conversation for any family to have. Discussing the need to provide protection for the survivors of the family is essential. Many people are not aware that if the surviving spouse is unable to pay the deceased spouse’s debt, creditors have the legal right to pursue legal action. This type of action can be applied to any debt related to a mortgage, a car loan, medical bills or any other outstanding debt. That’s why putting a financial safeguard in place like life insurance for each spouse is critical.
- Explain the cost. Point out specific costs like the mortgage, child care, college funds and the daily cost of living. Then stress the importance of being able to pay for those expenses should something unexpected happen.
- Compare quotes and terms. Compare quotes together from different insurance in order to make the decision easier. The hard work is already done. Simply decide from there which policy best fits your needs. It’s also helpful to compare the different types of policies a company offers. You may want to research quotes for term life policies as well as whole life policies. This can give you and your spouse an idea of the cost of both types of policies and how each one may be beneficial.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is Rated A (Excellent)
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips
- Is Globe Life Insurance Reliable?
- Hazards in the Kitchen: What You Do Every Day that Puts You at Risk for a Serious Accident
- Surviving a Snake Bite
- Is Globe Life Insurance Term or Whole Life?
- The Top 4 Leading Causes of Death for People Older Than 50 and How to Avoid Them
- Nine Eye-Opening Stats That Will Make You Rethink Texting and Driving
- Risks of Dying from Cancer
- What are the Odds of Dying While Taking a Selfie?
- Can I Get an Accidental Death Quote Online?
- Buying Life Insurance for the Whole Family
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Term Life Insurance
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting Life Insurance without a Medical Exam