$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
Whether your idea of the perfect vacation is seeking thrills or experiencing true relaxation, there’s one thing everyone can agree on. And that is that saving money feels great! One of the many perks of being classified a senior citizen is taking advantage of savings on all kinds of goods and services. So if you’re planning your next vacation or just need to get away from the hassles of daily life for a few hours, then this article is for you. Below you’ll find some budget-friendly vacation ideas that include great perks for vacationers who are 55 and over...
Take a Short Roadtrip
A vacation doesn’t have to take you thousands of miles from home. No doubt there are dozens of exciting spots within driving distance from your home that you’ve never had the time to really explore. Go online and research information on fun things to do and sights to see in your area. You’ll be surprised to discover what you can find on a trip that takes just one tank of gas! You can also look into senior discounts offered by nearby museums, restaurants and other tourist attractions and save with senior citizen discounts on rental cars.
Take a Day Cruise
Imagine yourself relaxing on the deck of a ship, enjoying the ocean breeze as you cruise away. A cruise doesn’t have to be an expensive week long excursion. In fact, you don’t even have to live near the ocean. Lots of cities offer day cruises on lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water. Many cruise ships offers discounts for senior citizens both on passage tickets and on food, drinks and other on-board amenities. You can spend less, be gone for just a day and still return feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Take Advantage of Cheap Flights
Did you know that as a senior you can save on flights through some airlines? Whether you want to visit your grandkids that live out of state or just take a trip somewhere you’ve never been before, flying doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Research senior discounts on flights all over the nation and you could start your vacation flying in style for less.
Visit a National Park
The American National Park System is truly one of the great wonders of our country. With over fifty-eight national parks in the United States, you’re never too far from peace, relaxation, and getting back to nature. The National Park system offers fantastic discounts to all senior citizens on camping, day passes, and even lifetime passes. So if you love enjoying the great outdoors and saving money too, visiting one of our beautiful National Parks for your next vacation is a great way to do both.
Theme Parks and Zoos
Think amusement parks and zoos are just for kids? Think again! Many amusement parks offer more than just thrill rides and fast food and they want their senior citizen patrons to have fun too. That’s why you’ll be able to take advantage of senior citizen discounts for tickets into many of America’s theme parks and zoos. Take the grandkids for a fun-filled day they’ll never forget. Or, just enjoy an entertaining day seeing the sights and enjoying discounts on food, drinks, and more.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors
- What’s Preventing You from Receiving Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
- Can You Outlive Your Life Insurance?
- Medicare Part B Plus Medigap vs a Medicare Advantage Plan: Which is better?
- 3 Things to Know about Senior Life Insurance
- Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cover Pre-existing Conditions
- What is Final Expense Insurance and Who Should Buy It?
- Does Medicare Pay for Prescriptions?