$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
Have you ever slept at a hotel or a family members house and woken up feeling more relaxed and peaceful than usual? Did you wonder what that bed had that yours didn’t? Here’s your chance to find out, and to find out how to make your bed luxurious so that you can get a better night’s sleep.
Getting the Right Mattress
First of all, you need the best mattress you can afford. There are other places in the house where you can save money. Not only is a good mattress more likely to give you good rest, but it’s better for your back. So get the best mattress you can get.
Buy a Cozy Bed Pad
Next is the bed pad. This will protect your mattress, but it should also add a layer of comfort and coziness. The best mattress pads have full sides that tuck right under the mattress, and they are not too expensive. You can get a perfectly good one at your discount department store.
Invest in Luxurious Sheets
Sheets are expensive, but how many sets do you really need? Although it is convenient on laundry day to have two sets, you can get by with one. Get the highest thread count you can afford for the greatest comfort. And stick to natural fibers, cotton or linen. They breathe and will give your body better rest. And they are soft.
Get Comfortable Pillows
Pillows are a matter of personal preference. Some people like down pillows, some prefer down and feather. There are people who like pillows that are one solid piece of foam and people who are devoted to cotton batting. You can spend a lot of money on pillows, but you can get good ones at your favorite discount department store.
To add that touch of luxury to your pillows, get quilted covers for them. These go over the pillow and under the pillowcase. They add that cozy feeling and they help keep your pillows hygienic.
Getting the Right Covers
The covers you choose for your perfect bed will depend on your preference for tucked or untucked. Some sleepers have to have their legs and feet free and prefer their covers to be untucked. Others prefer the security and warmth of having their feet covered and their legs tucked inside the bedding. If you’re an untucked sleeper, you can tuck your sheet in just at the bottom of the bed to keep it from ending up on the floor. Leave the sides open. Then you can top the sheet with a duvet.
A duvet is a puffy quilt that permits the untucked sleeper a lot of freedom of movement and at the same time provides warmth. You can get duvets stuffed with down, down and feathers, or cotton batting. Duvets make making the bed easy – just pull the sheet and duvet straight and you’re done. Another advantage of the duvet is that you can get covers for it, to keep it fresh and to change the décor of your bedroom.
If you prefer being tucked, you may like a blanket and then a standard coverlet. You can tuck the blanket and sheet in, which gives the bed a very cozy feel and ambience.Doing all of this will result in a luxurious bed that you can get an excellent night’s sleep in.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors
- What’s Preventing You from Receiving Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
- Can You Outlive Your Life Insurance?
- Medicare Part B Plus Medigap vs a Medicare Advantage Plan: Which is better?