$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
Good grooming is just as important for men as it is for women. If you are a senior man, you can be sure you always look sharp by following just a few simple tips.
1 – Shave Everyday
Most men need to shave everyday to keep looking neat and trim. While it may be true that the “scruffy look” is popular with the younger set, a mature man who is white or gray-haired or has multiple colors in his facial hair will look neater when his face is shaved.
If you have a beard or mustache, keep it trimmed. Taking the time to shave your face and trim your beard and mustache every morning will make you look and feel better and get you ready to face the day.
2 – Trim Your Hair Regularly
Again, neatly trimmed hair is more attractive for a mature man. Have your hair cut regularly and keep it neatly combed. If you have bald spots, keep your hair short and don’t do comb-overs. Nothing will age you faster than a comb-over.
In fact, a clean-shaven face and neatly trimmed hair, beard and mustache can easily slash ten years off your age.
3 – Dress Appropriately
No matter where you are going or what you are wearing, your attire should always be appropriate for the occasion and your clothes should always be neat and clean.
Once men are retired, they may rebel against years of wearing job-related, required clothing, but that is no excuse for becoming sloppy. Wear clothing appropriate to whatever event and place you are attending, and save your sloppy clothes for working around the house.
You don’t need as many good clothes when you retire as you do when you’re working, so you should be able to afford to have a few nice outfits for when you do go out.
4 – Visit Your Dentist Regularly
Be sure to have your teeth cleaned every six months. As you age your teeth darken or yellow, and keeping them clean helps them appear at their best. If you wear dentures, keep them clean and in good shape. If you do have dentures and they don’t fit well, see your dentist and have that taken care of so that your smile is always looking its best.
5 – Exercise
To look your best and to keep your weight down, you must exercise. As men age they have a tendency to gain weight around the middle, and the only way to control that is to stay active. Choose a sport or activity that you really like and do it several times a week.
6 – Eat Sensibly
In addition to exercising, it will help you keep your middle trim if you eat a sensible diet. You have to remember that you need less food when you get older, so if you want to keep your weight down, you must eat less. Try to limit indulgence in high fat and sugary foods.
7 – Maintain Good Posture
Sometimes people become hunched over or more round shouldered as they age. Stand up straight, shoulders back, and show off that trim physique you are maintaining with your sensible diet and exercise. Good posture can take pounds off your visible weight and also help you to maintain a youthful look.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors
- What’s Preventing You from Receiving Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
- Can You Outlive Your Life Insurance?
- Medicare Part B Plus Medigap vs a Medicare Advantage Plan: Which is better?
- 3 Things to Know about Senior Life Insurance
- Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cover Pre-existing Conditions
- What is Final Expense Insurance and Who Should Buy It?
- Does Medicare Pay for Prescriptions?