$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
Making the right choices for senior living can be confusing, but knowing exactly what is provided by different living communities can make the decision much easier. Once you assess your needs and have a clear picture of what services to expect, you can choose what fits you best.
The following are the typical services you can expect from senior assisted living centers...
- Personal assistance—Seniors choose assisted living centers versus independent living because the centers provide personal assistance. If help is needed for any of the activities of daily living like eating, bathing, dressing, going to the bathroom and getting in and out of a bed or chair, than assisted living may be a good choice.
When choosing an assisted living center, find out exactly what is included under the personal care and assistance policy. Each facility will have documentation giving detailed information of what they must provide by law and what specific services are provided at the facility.
- Health monitoring—Most assisted living centers provide around-the-clock certified medical assistants that are available to monitor people’s health. They usually have a registered nurse on staff as well. The medical staff can assist the residents with medications, oxygen needs and emergency care when needed. The medical staff may also help arrange primary care physician visits and transportation to and from doctors’ offices.
- Meals—Although many of the apartments in an assisted living center may be furnished with a kitchen, most centers provide meals for residents if they prefer not to cook. Each facility is different, but most serve three meals a day either in the rooms or the community dining room.
This service can relieve the stress of having to shop, cook and clean up after. It also allows the residents to gather together in a social setting, so they can stay connected. Meal service can also ensure proper nutrition for seniors.
- Housekeeping—Another helpful service provided by assisted living centers is housekeeping and laundry services. Typically, the facility will clean rooms and wash towels and linens once a week. Some centers also provide full laundry services at an extra charge. When visiting different facilities, ask what housekeeping services they provide and what additional charges may exist.
- Social activities—Different facilities provide a variety of activities. When choosing an assisted living center, it’s good to find out what types of activities are available and if transportation is provided to outside events. Find out if weekly shopping trips are an option for people that want to get out and about. Other social services that are important are weekly exercise classes, a selection of social activities and community and volunteer events outside of the center.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors
- What’s Preventing You from Receiving Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
- Can You Outlive Your Life Insurance?
- Medicare Part B Plus Medigap vs a Medicare Advantage Plan: Which is better?
- 3 Things to Know about Senior Life Insurance
- Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cover Pre-existing Conditions
- What is Final Expense Insurance and Who Should Buy It?
- Does Medicare Pay for Prescriptions?