$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
No Agent Will Visit—You Buy Direct
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
Many do not realize that chiropractic care is very safe and also beneficial to seniors who may be suffering from spine pain or many other painful conditions. It is the largest known profession for alternative, drug-free therapy and wellness treatment. Not only can chiropractic care be given as immediate care for multiple health conditions that cause pain, it can also be used as preventative therapy.
As the baby boomer generation advances in age, health issues continue to rise. Chiropractic care is becoming a popular alternative treatment. Additionally, according to the Administration on Aging, there will be more than double the amount of seniors in 2030 than in 2000, approximately 72 million seniors. Many of these seniors will be looking for other methods of medical treatment than traditional medicine.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, chiropractic care can offer the elderly relief from many debilitating conditions such as osteoarthritis, neck and arthritic pain, headaches, insomnia, digestive problems, degenerative disc disease, as well as other conditions that can cause decreased function. Chiropractic care is a holistic approach that can either be used as another treatment option for pain or in conjunction with medical treatment prescribed by a medical professional.
Chiropractors undergo several hours of training and education in order to safely learn how to provide treatment to patients of all ages. They also train to care for elderly seniors who may have lower bone density. Chiropractors can offer gentle adjustments and care to the more fragile senior adults, and possibly alleviate the need for medication or surgical procedures.
As adults age, they can suffer from many abnormalities in the cervical spine, discs, joints, muscles and ligaments. All of these changes can result in pain, inflammation and degeneration. Chiropractic care can offer a safe, non-invasive treatment plan that can give pain relief as well as increased range of motion and improved mobility by correcting the spine alignment.
Many who receive regular chiropractic care report they feel more than just pain relief after treatment. Some senior adults claim to have more energy, feel healthier and experience better quality of life. For many seniors, an increase in quality of life can mean being able to pick up their grandchildren without pain and discomfort. It can also mean they have an increase in mobility, which translates to the ability to participate in hobbies and become more involved in their community.
Studies have also shown that seniors receiving regular chiropractic care lower their risk of falling. Falling is a common problem for seniors. It is reported that one third of seniors ages 65 and older fall each year, which can result in spinal and joint injuries and bone fractures. With regular chiropractic care, as well as stretching programs prescribed by the chiropractor, seniors can experience an increase in balance, coordination, flexibility, mobility and strength.
Research has also shown senior adults receiving regular chiropractic care reduced their chances of requiring skilled nursing care or assisted living centers. Because regular chiropractic care can help seniors become stronger, aging seniors are able to care for themselves and live more independently in their homes.
Although chiropractic care has been proven to be safe and effective for many adults who suffer from a variety of health problems, always seek the advice of a health care professional before deciding on chiropractic care. That’s especially important if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Severe osteoporosis
- Numbness, tingling or loss of strength in arms or legs
- Spinal cancer
- Risk of stroke
- Spine instability
In conclusion, chiropractic care has proven to be very beneficial for many seniors and can provide relief from painful conditions. It can also enhance quality of life and offer seniors an alternative to traditional medical treatment.
You might also be interested in...
- 4 Important Safety Measures For Seniors
- 5 Scams Seniors Should Watch Out For
- 5 Telltale Signs It’s Time To Stop Driving
- 6 Sports Seniors Can Enjoy
- 7 Ways To Feel Younger
- Aging In America
- The Best Low Maintenance Pets For Seniors
- Budget-Friendly Vacations with Perks for Seniors
- Can Eating Cherries Alleviate Arthritis?
- How To Choose A Medicare Supplement Plan
- Could You Live On Social Security?
- Does Your Elderly Loved One Need More Care than You Can Give
- Is Your Elderly Parent Feeling Lonely
- Five Health Tips for Men over 50
- Five Health Tips for Women over 50
- Five Tips for Helping Seniors Stay Active
- Helpful Tips for Adjusting to an Empty Nest
- Home Safety Checklist for Single Seniors
- Home Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
- How Seniors Can Improve Their Posture
- How Seniors Should Stock Their Kitchen
- How to Be a Good Husband in Retirement
- How to Change Your Life in 10 Days
- How to Do Container Gardening for Seniors
- How to Find Happiness in Your Senior Years
- How to Grow Easy Houseplants for Seniors
- How To Help Your Senior Parent Stay Mentally Healthy and Happy
- How to Simplify Housekeeping for Seniors
- How to Stay Looking Sharp for Senior Men
- The Importance Of Keeping Seniors Hydrated
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe For Seniors?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Necessary
- Patio Gardening For Seniors
- Preparing For Retirement
- Pros and Cons of Living in a Retirement Community
- How To Protect Seniors Against Identity Theft
- Senior Life Insurance Pays for Funeral Costs
- Senior Summer Safety
- How Seniors Benefit From Adopting Senior Pets
- How Seniors Can Decorate With Unique Framed Art
- Seniors & The Social Life
- Seven Power Foods for Seniors
- Tips for Seniors: How to Upgrade Your Bed for a Better Night's Sleep
- Tips For Seniors On Improving Your Immune System
- Tips for Seniors on How to Stock a Gift Drawer
- Top Travel Safety Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Medicare Part D Plans
- Reasons Why An Elderly Loved One May Not Be Eating
- Why Seniors Need The Flu And Pneumonia Vaccines
- You Won't Believe How Easily You Can Stall Aging
- How To Choose Low Income Housing For Seniors
- 8 Unique Gifts For Seniors
- Activities For Senior Citizens
- 7 Winter Safety Tips For Seniors
- 5 Questions To Ask When Considering A Continuing Care Retirement Community
- How Long Should You Wait To Claim Social Security
- Signs And Symptoms Of A UTI In Seniors
- How To Deal With The Emotions Of Retirement
- How To Help Seniors Fight Depression
- How Seniors Can Save More Money
- What Services To Expect From Assisted Living Centers
- How To Live A Long Life
- Top 3 Dental Risks For Seniors
- Choosing The Right Assisted Living Facility
- Different Ways To Ease Knee Pain
- Why Assisted Living Centers Allow Pets
- 4 Surprising Health Hazards You May Have In Your Home
- 5 Mental Exercises To Increase Happiness
- Why Seniors And Caregivers Need To Laugh More
- How To Reverse The Effects Of Arthritis
- 6 Exercises That Won’t Hurt Your Joints
- Driving Safety Tips For Seniors
- 4 Natural Ways To Combat Feeling Dizzy
- Senior Life Insurance is a Worthwhile Investment
- Tax Breaks Every Senior Should Know
- How To Make Money During Retirement
- 5 Phone Scams Targeting Seniors Now
- How Technology Can Keep Seniors Safe
- How To Not Go Wrong When Choosing A Nursing Home
- Disaster Checklist For Seniors
- How Visiting Seniors Often Can Keep Them Healthier
- How To Make A Senior’s Day
- Internet Safety Tips Every Senior Should Know
- 5 Ways To Strengthen Aging Bones And Muscles
- How Senior Yoga Can Be A Lifesaver
- Live Longer By Volunteering
- Managing Pain For Seniors
- 6 Everyday Ways For Seniors To Stay Active
- Bad Habits That Make You Age Faster
- Fall Prevention For Seniors
- 6 Ways For Seniors To Budget For Life Insurance
- Summertime Resources For Seniors & Caregivers
- 5 Simple Ways Seniors Can Get Free Help
- Navigating Ride Programs for Seniors
- What’s Preventing You from Receiving Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
- Can You Outlive Your Life Insurance?
- Medicare Part B Plus Medigap vs a Medicare Advantage Plan: Which is better?
- 3 Things to Know about Senior Life Insurance
- Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cover Pre-existing Conditions
- What is Final Expense Insurance and Who Should Buy It?
- Does Medicare Pay for Prescriptions?