$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
10 Ways to Get More Out of Life
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
Albert Einstein couldn’t have said it better. Tomorrow is not promised. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) there were 2,744,248 deaths in the United States in 2017. The three leading causes of death were:
- Heart disease: 635,260
- Cancer: 598,038
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 161,374
How can you get the most out of life if tomorrow isn’t promised and if every day is precious? Check out the following:
10 tips for Easy Ways to Cultivate More Gratitude in Your Life
- Keep a Gratitude Journal
Researchers at the University of Florida and University of Minnesota asked participants to write down a list of positive events at the end of each day and asked them to record why the events made them happy. The researchers learned the participants’ stress levels had decreased and they felt a greater sense of calm at night. A gratitude journal can help you gain a unique perspective on what’s important in your life and what you appreciate. By noting what you’re grateful for, you can gain insight on what you want more of in your life, and what you should remove.
- Don’t Erase the Past
Remembering difficult times can help you find more thanksgiving in your current place in life. When you reflect on how far you have come, you establish a contrast in your mind that can increase positivity while boosting self-esteem.
- Think Positive
Is the glass half-empty or hall-full? This age-old question can reflect your overall viewpoint on life, your self-thoughts, and whether you’re a pessimist or optimist. It can even have an effect on your health and overall well-being. Positive thinking has been known to lower rates of depression, lower levels of distress, increase your life span, and even improve your cardiovascular health and reduce your risk of death from cardiovascular issues.
- Do More of What Makes You Happy
Do you have a favorite hobby? What are the things you’re passionate about? Whatever these things are do more of them! Whether it’s spending time with friends and family or playing your favorite sport, take time out to do the things you enjoy. When times get hard, reflect on the things in life that make you the happiest.
- Give Back
You’ve probably heard the quote “there’s more joy in giving than in receiving.” Is there a family member or friend that could use a hand? What about volunteering or donating to a local charity or organization?
- Take Notice of the Small Things
Be mindful of the small victories that can easily be forgotten. Did you avoid traffic on your commute to work? Is the sun shining? Did your child have a good day at school? Take a few minutes each day to think of a few small things for which you’re grateful. This daily task can help rewire your brain to be naturally more thankful. Studies have shown it only takes eight weeks of gratitude practice for people to start showing changed brain patterns that lead to greater empathy and happiness.
Travel has the wonderful ability to put our good fortune into a bigger context. You don’t have to travel somewhere far or expensive to gain a fresh perspective. If money or time is an issue, visit a local park, people watch in a coffee shop, or explore a new area within your city.
It’s ok to celebrate the things that make you feel blessed! Whether it’s a dinner with friends or a moment with loved ones to reflect on life, don’t hold back your sense of gratitude. Share it with others whenever possible.
- Stop Focusing on What You Don’t Have
Many people unknowingly allow gratitude to pass them by because they spend too much mental energy on what they don’t have or what could be better. Focus on what you do have and don’t consume your thoughts with what could be better.
- Establish a Self-Care Routine
Life is busy and burnout is real. Take time to establish a self-care routine. Whether it’s reading a book, having a movie night, or indulging in a pedicure invest your time in things that will allow you to relax and recharge.
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- 7 Facts Women Should Know About Heart Disease
- When You Already Feel Like Giving Up On Your Resolutions
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance—Simple Application
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths
- 5 Plants To Keep In Your Bedroom
- Five Simple Ways To Protect Your Retirement
- The Best Ways To Cover Gray Hair
- 5 Hidden Causes Of High Blood Pressure
- 10 Steps To Get Through The Holidays Stress-Free
- 5 Ways To Break A Bad Habit
- The 5 Benefits Of A Veterans Home Loan
- Top 5 Prevention Tips For Heart Disease And Stroke
- 5 Surprising Facts About Low-Carb Diets
- 7 Ways To Live A Happier Life
- 6 Tips To Be More Productive
- 7 Steps To Help Someone Who Is Grieving
- 4 Reasons Why Your Diet Resolutions May Be Counterproductive
- Deciding On Braces After 40
- Why A Massage May Be Helpful For Back Pain
- How To Have Self-Compassion
- How To Stay Productive When You Don’t Feel Like it
- Foods To Eat When You’re Feeling Stressed
- How Helping Others Can Make You Happier
- Why You Don’t Have To Fear Fat When Dieting
- 6 Things You Should Do To Live Without Regret
- How To Create Your Own Happiness
- How To Get Immediate Stress Relief
- Why It May Be Time To Make Some Changes
- Why You May Want To Sleep On Your Left Side
- 4 Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- Dos And Don’ts Of Job Interviews
- How You Can Benefit From Showing A Little Love
- Can Debt Affect Your Health?
- What Women In Their 50s Know
- Hidden Reasons For Night Sweats
- 5 Simple Lung Cancer Prevention Tips
- Why You Should Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone Now
- 7 Tips To Keep Runners Safe
- How To Stop Emotional Eating Now
- Reach Your Potential In 4 Steps
- 5 Ultimate Weight Loss Hacks
- Can Social Media Help With Weight Loss
- How A Good Impression Can Change Everything
- Must-Know Travel Tips If You Want To Stay Safe
- Three New Ways To Make Big Changes
- The Hidden Benefits Of Ginger
- 5 Tricks To Slim Down Fast
- How To Finally Wake Up Better
- 5 Chemical-Free Ways To Keep Skin Young
- The Secret Benefits Of Salt
- Why Be An Organ Donor?
- How To Relieve Stomach Ulcers Fast
- Disaster Relief Do’s And Don’ts
- How To Say Goodbye To A Loved One
- 4 Tricks To Prevent A Cybercrime Attack
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Getting A Tattoo
- What To Do When Hearing Loss Strikes
- How Auto Ship Programs Keep Scamming People
- How To Decrease Stress And Increase Productivity
- Unique Relief For Chronic Neck Pain
- Ransomware–What It Is And How To Avoid Attack
- Five Reasons To Drink More Tea
- 5 Major Life Events That May Require Life Insurance
- 6 Reasons Newlyweds Should Consider Life Insurance
- How Long Does It Take to Get a Life Insurance Policy?
- How Long Does It Take to Get Life Insurance Money?
- What You Need To Know About Mortgage Assistance Programs
- How to Build a Better Resume: 7 Helpful Tips
- 4 Things Women Should Do During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 10 Ways to Get More Out of Life
- Who Owns Globe Life and Accident Insurance Company?
- Can I Buy Life Insurance Online?
- Cancelling My Life Insurance. What are My Options?
- Can Life Insurance be Purchased on Anyone by Anyone?
- Understanding Insurance Claims: Complex Causes of Accidental Death
- How Can I Sell My Life Insurance Policy?
- Checking Your Insurance Coverage Before Traveling Abroad: What to Know
- Can I Convert My Term Life Insurance into a Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Should I Buy Enough Life Insurance to Pay Off My Mortgage?
- What Is Whole Life Insurance?