$1* Buys $100,000
Globe Life Insurance
Free Quote—Apply in Minutes
Fast Approval Process
$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Who Owns Globe Life and Accident Insurance Company?
When it comes to life insurance companies, customers have no shortage of options. Whether you’re looking at a household name or a smaller company, it helps to know a little about a company’s history and what its goals and standards are. Here’s a little info about Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company and its parent Company, Globe Life Inc.
Globe Life Inc. is the parent Company of several insurance subsidiaries with acquisitions that date back to 1980.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company was founded in 1951. Since that time, it has been committed to providing quality, affordable insurance policies to working class families, giving them the ability to face the unexpected from a position of strength. It was created after two men, Ralph Reece and John Singletary, had an idea of starting a business and getting approved for loans totaling $60,000. Their venture began when they determined their agency would market inexpensive but dependable life insurance protection to Americans who were living in rural areas. They found success with a reputation of fairness and integrity, and during the span of 50 years, Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company grew into a position of prominence within the insurance industry.
In 1980, Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company was acquired by Liberty National Life Insurance Company and the holding company known as Torchmark Corporation (now Globe Life Inc.).
Torchmark Corporation Becomes Globe Life Inc.
On August 8, 2019, Torchmark Corporation was officially renamed Globe Life Inc. The name change was part of a brand alignment strategy that will enhance the Company’s ability to build name recognition with prospective customers and agent recruits through the use of a single brand.
While the individual insurance subsidiaries owned by Globe Life Inc. will continue to exist as legal entities and retain their unique cultures and market niches, they will all eventually use and take advantage of the Globe Life brand.
Globe Life Inc. Subsidiaries
Globe Life Inc. includes the following Companies:
- Globe Life (Globe Life Accident And Insurance Company)
- Globe Life Liberty National Division (Liberty National Life Insurance Company)
- Globe Life Family Heritage Division (Family Heritage Life Insurance Company Of America)
- American Income Life (American Income Life Insurance Company)
- National Income Life (National Income Life Insurance Company)
- United American (United American Insurance Company)
- Globe Life of New York (Globe Life Insurance Company of New York)
- Globe Life Employee Services Division (Employee Services Division)
The Company Behind the Coverage
Since 1951, Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company has grown in financial strength and reputation. Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company is proud to provide life insurance coverage to 4.3 million policyholders. Globe Life has an A (Excellent)** rating from A.M. Best Company (rating as of 7/20). Based on the latest analysis of their financial strength, management skill, and integrity, this rating assures customers that first and foremost, Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company is committed to providing every policyholder with a lifetime of superior service.
A Strong History with a Strong Future
Customers have relied on the subsidiaries of Globe Life Inc. for years, and each subsidiary has a solid history and strong financial strength ratings. Now they are backed by the Globe Life name, utilizing its renown while continuing to operate with their established cultures and ways of business. Like the evolution of its name, Globe Life Inc. and its subsidiaries continue to evolve and provide superior customer service and reliability.
To learn more about each of the Globe Life Inc. subsidiaries and divisions, you can visit their websites:
- Globe Life Liberty National Division https://www.globelifelibertynational.com/
- Globe Life Family Heritage Division https://www.globelifefamilyheritage.com/
- Globe Life Employee Services Division https://www.esdglobe.com/
- Globe Life Direct Response https://www.globelifeinsurance.com/globelifedirect
- American Income Life https://www.ailife.com/
- United American https://www2.unitedamerican.com/
- Globe Life of New York https://www.globelifeofnewyork.com/
**A.M. Best Company rating as of 7/20 based on financial strength, management skill and integrity. For the latest rating, access www.ambest.com. http://www.ambest.com/
You might also be interested in...
- 6 Foods That Feed Your Brain
- 6 Things To Give Up This Year
- 7 Common Relationship Deal-Breakers
- 7 Facts Women Should Know About Heart Disease
- When You Already Feel Like Giving Up On Your Resolutions
- Amazing Tips To Help You Get Through Allergy Season
- Anti-Aging Tips And Tricks
- Are Protein Shakes A Healthy Choice?
- Are We More Stressed Than the Rest of the World
- Are You Ruining Your Relationship
- Are You Socially Awkward?
- Attitude Of Gratitude
- Beating Work Burnout is Easier than You Think
- Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
- Beware Of Relationship Killers
- Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- How To Boost Your Self Confidence
- Can Saying You’re Sorry Save Your Life?
- Can White Wines Be Healthy Too
- Changing Careers In Your 40s
- Divorced, But Are You Ready To Start Dating Again?
- Do You Fight Like Other Couples?
- When you don't have a green thumb
- 8 PreWorkout Meals To Maximize Results
- Financial Benefits Of Co-Habitation vs Marriage
- Financial Tips To Follow During And After Divorce
- Five Ways To Lead A Regret-Free Life
- Why Your Friends Should Be Jealous If You’re 30-Something And Single
- Can A Full Moon Really Affect People?
- Getting a Life Insurance Quote Without Getting a Medical Exam
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
- The Health Benefits Of Avocado
- Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
- How To Choose A Multivitamin?
- How To Make The New Year The Best One Yet
- How To Prepare For Your Next Interview
- Is a Co-worker Making You Hate Your Job?
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe?
- Is Music The Antidote For Depression
- Is Your Diet Making You Feel More Stress?
- How To Keep Your Facebook Safe From Scammers
- Life Insurance Companies Offer Protection
- Living With Fibromyalgia
- How To Look Better Than Ever At 40
- More Big Cities Surprisingly Great for Outdoorsy People
- Natural Remedies For Acid Reflux
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance—Simple Application
- 10 Olympic Sports That Didn’t Make the Cut
- Outrageous Facts about U.S. Presidents
- Ovarian Cancer--The Silent Killer
- Overcoming Frustration
- How To Get Relief From Credit Card Debt
- Is There A Risk of Heart Disease Due To Drinking?
- Shocking Food Facts that May Change the Way You Eat
- Sick Of Running? 5 Cardio Routines You Should Try Instead
- Smart Tips for Getting Paid What You Really Deserve
- Strange Laws You Don't Even Know You're Breaking
- The Singles’ Guide To Life Insurance
- Things To Remember When Buying Life Insurance
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- Top 6 Factors That Destroy Your Credit Score
- Top Ten Health Tips For Active Women Over 50
- Treating Menopause Symptoms With Alternative Medicine
- Want To Know How Your Interview Went? Think Of It Like A First Date…
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer
- What Is Ruining Your Workout
- What Most 30–Somethings Wish They’d Known in Their 20s
- Whats Really To Blame For Your Bad Mood
- Why You Keep Overeating and How to Stop
- Why You Need To Talk About Life Insurance
- You Can't Afford to Believe These Women's Health Myths
- 5 Plants To Keep In Your Bedroom
- Five Simple Ways To Protect Your Retirement
- The Best Ways To Cover Gray Hair
- 5 Hidden Causes Of High Blood Pressure
- 10 Steps To Get Through The Holidays Stress-Free
- 5 Ways To Break A Bad Habit
- The 5 Benefits Of A Veterans Home Loan
- Top 5 Prevention Tips For Heart Disease And Stroke
- 5 Surprising Facts About Low-Carb Diets
- 7 Ways To Live A Happier Life
- 6 Tips To Be More Productive
- 7 Steps To Help Someone Who Is Grieving
- 4 Reasons Why Your Diet Resolutions May Be Counterproductive
- Deciding On Braces After 40
- Why A Massage May Be Helpful For Back Pain
- How To Have Self-Compassion
- How To Stay Productive When You Don’t Feel Like it
- Foods To Eat When You’re Feeling Stressed
- How Helping Others Can Make You Happier
- Why You Don’t Have To Fear Fat When Dieting
- 6 Things You Should Do To Live Without Regret
- How To Create Your Own Happiness
- How To Get Immediate Stress Relief
- Why It May Be Time To Make Some Changes
- Why You May Want To Sleep On Your Left Side
- 4 Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- Dos And Don’ts Of Job Interviews
- How You Can Benefit From Showing A Little Love
- Can Debt Affect Your Health?
- What Women In Their 50s Know
- Hidden Reasons For Night Sweats
- 5 Simple Lung Cancer Prevention Tips
- Why You Should Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone Now
- 7 Tips To Keep Runners Safe
- How To Stop Emotional Eating Now
- Reach Your Potential In 4 Steps
- 5 Ultimate Weight Loss Hacks
- Can Social Media Help With Weight Loss
- How A Good Impression Can Change Everything
- Must-Know Travel Tips If You Want To Stay Safe
- Three New Ways To Make Big Changes
- The Hidden Benefits Of Ginger
- 5 Tricks To Slim Down Fast
- How To Finally Wake Up Better
- 5 Chemical-Free Ways To Keep Skin Young
- The Secret Benefits Of Salt
- Why Be An Organ Donor?
- How To Relieve Stomach Ulcers Fast
- Disaster Relief Do’s And Don’ts
- How To Say Goodbye To A Loved One
- 4 Tricks To Prevent A Cybercrime Attack
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Getting A Tattoo
- What To Do When Hearing Loss Strikes
- How Auto Ship Programs Keep Scamming People
- How To Decrease Stress And Increase Productivity
- Unique Relief For Chronic Neck Pain
- Ransomware–What It Is And How To Avoid Attack
- Five Reasons To Drink More Tea
- 5 Major Life Events That May Require Life Insurance
- 6 Reasons Newlyweds Should Consider Life Insurance
- How Long Does It Take to Get a Life Insurance Policy?
- How Long Does It Take to Get Life Insurance Money?
- What You Need To Know About Mortgage Assistance Programs
- How to Build a Better Resume: 7 Helpful Tips
- 4 Things Women Should Do During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 10 Ways to Get More Out of Life
- Who Owns Globe Life and Accident Insurance Company?
- Can I Buy Life Insurance Online?
- Cancelling My Life Insurance. What are My Options?
- Can Life Insurance be Purchased on Anyone by Anyone?
- Understanding Insurance Claims: Complex Causes of Accidental Death
- How Can I Sell My Life Insurance Policy?
- Checking Your Insurance Coverage Before Traveling Abroad: What to Know
- Can I Convert My Term Life Insurance into a Whole Life Insurance Policy?
- Should I Buy Enough Life Insurance to Pay Off My Mortgage?
- What Is Whole Life Insurance?
- Beyond Active Duty: Life Insurance Options for US Veterans
- The Risk of Having a Stroke for People Under 40
- Is Drowning Considered an Accidental Death for Insurance Purposes?
- How Long is a Term Life Insurance Policy?